• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Location, Location, Location...

Post your pictures and comments.
Help us make it even better next year!
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Location, Location, Location...

Post by jcollins »

We have many new members that boat on the Chesapeake. I'm trying to think of a spot that would be central to all. Solomon's comes to mind. We had our first rendezvous there and it seems to be good for those coming from VA. and points south. Herrington Harbor was great but it was a hike for the southerners.

So, what do you think?

Let's get some suggestions going. After we choose the place the next hurtle is the date.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Re: Location, Location, Location...

Post by Carl »

Solomons works for me!
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Butch
In Memorium
Home Port: St Michaels,Md.

Post by Butch »

I will second Solomons and Carl the Chairman. All in favor say Aye. Aye!!!
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by loubennett »

Aye. Solomons is an excellent venue for the rendezvous. I would further suggest Solomons Yachting Center. They have good facilities (floating docks, pool, bar, showers, open space for a cookout) and they are close to town.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

Aye for both (Solomons and Carl), if my vote still counts. :?:
Richard
Albin Owner Emeritus
Butch
In Memorium
Home Port: St Michaels,Md.

Post by Butch »

Any Nayes, I am not hearing from Carl!! LOL
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

http://www.solomonsyachtingcenter.com

From their website
Party Planning! If you are traveling with a group, please let us assist you with your plans. You can reserve our large waterside lawn area and have your party catered, or we can help you arrange for supplies that can be delivered directly to your boat. We’re here to help you have a great time!
I'm up for a catered event! We'll have to ask the coordinator.
John
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Wow! I see what happens when you are'nt paying attention! Regretfully, I will have to pass on the coordinator for now. I would love to help, but with my current work schedule and what it will be the next 3 years, it is hard to commit to something like this. I will be lucky to get that Friday off to come to the party. I am sure I will be able to help out with something, and will be glad to do so, any way I can. If Butch can arrange for a dock bunny bikini contest, Im sure I can help out with the judging! Richard did such a great job last year, and with his new "traveling office", it should be a snap! I just hope I get invited back on the tuna trip next year so I can bring some more steaks.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Carl wrote:Wow! I see what happens when you are'nt paying attention! Regretfully, I will have to pass on the coordinator for now. I would love to help, but with my current work schedule and what it will be the next 3 years, it is hard to commit to something like this. I will be lucky to get that Friday off to come to the party. I am sure I will be able to help out with something, and will be glad to do so, any way I can. If Butch can arrange for a dock bunny bikini contest, Im sure I can help out with the judging! Richard did such a great job last year, and with his new "traveling office", it should be a snap! I just hope I get invited back on the tuna trip next year so I can bring some more steaks.
O.k. Carl. I have you committed for the 2012 rendezvous. You have plenty of time to plan. I may even have my TE35 by then. :wink:
John
brookesmith
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Horn Harbor Marina Port Haywood, VA

Post by brookesmith »

Susan and i would love to meet everyone at AOG at Solomon's. We love Soloman's. Especially Stoney's crab cakes and the TIKI bar. Yep the TIKI bar. Might have some confidence in LIQUID THERAPY by then. Replacing all hoses EVERYWHERE now. Love that old Lehman too. Used it for a floor furnace in our slip last night with the NorEaster IDA. 30 42 kts at Stingray Point ( http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=44058 most of the afternoon and night. NO electricity and NO Generator and the dock underwater at LOW tide. We had a nice time with nothing. Check www.sailblogs.com/memeber/liquidtherapy.
WHEN is the rendezvous??
Millard C. Smith ( Brooke )
brookesmith at yahoo dot com
2367 Old Church Rd.
Mechanicsville, VA 23111
804-779-3234 home
804-338-1227 cell

Liquid Therapy
1979 36' Albin DC
MTOA 4107
http://www.sailblogs.com/member/liquidtherapy
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Aye for both (Solomons and Carl), if my vote still counts
Absolutley! :D
WHEN is the rendezvous??
No date set yet. Possibly the same weekend as the New England rendezvous? We could try the Internet link again.
John

Return to “Fourth Annual Chesapeake AOG Rendezvous 2010”