• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New freezer to replace the old ice maker

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
Rondo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Apollo Beach, FL

New freezer to replace the old ice maker

Post by Rondo »

Removed the old ice maker and replaced with this new freezer. It is an isotherm 63 Classic. A bit bigger than the ice maker, but no real issue to make the change - other than wire, rebuild the cabinet, make a facing, refinish, etc. Will definitely extend our cruising range, and keep ice cream for dessert.
Ron and Charma Owens
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Franwilson
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Stuart, Fla

Re: New freezer to replace the old ice maker

Post by Franwilson »

Very good looking!!
Great job!
Fran
Fran Wilson
Stuart, Fl
JDeere 2040, Kubota BX23, Ventrac, 28-6 BlueWater CC, 15-6 Hobie Skiff, C182
jacobwood99
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: wharfs

Re: New freezer to replace the old ice maker

Post by jacobwood99 »

I was also frustrated with my Samsung refrigerator ice maker. I had to call the technician every 2 months because the entire ice maker cabinet was stuck with ice and it stops working. The engineer replaced my ice maker (cost approx $600) but the issue was still present. Later, I bought FirstBuild Opal ice maker after checking this review- https://icemakinghub.com/firstbuild-opal-nugget-ice-maker/ and I'm totally satisfied in 3 years of lifespan. The quality of ice is also better than refrigerator and power consumption is low.
So, I would recommend going for countertop ice makers.

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”