• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Wire and cable run across engine

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
thomaslong
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Orleans

Wire and cable run across engine

Post by thomaslong »

A large number of wires and cables on my CB 32+2 run down my antenna mast and right across the engine manifold near the turbo on my Yanmar. That makes them susceptible to the heat from the engine exhaust. When my exhaust below cracked last spring, in addition to spewing soot all over the insides of the boat, the heat melted down my throttle cable and burned up the network cable to the radar. My winter project is to replace that network cable, but I want to run it so it does't have to be so close to the engine. Has anyone experienced this before? Or is my setup a one-off?
Sanatee
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Solomons Island

Re: Wire and cable run across engine

Post by Sanatee »

Not sure why your radar or any electronics cables would be down there! Mine are either within the bridge or above the cabin headliner on my 96 2+2. My Cummins throttle cable runs down starboard and ends on starboard side of engine. Only my shift and trolling valve cables cross over the engine, but far enough aft and above the exhaust that I've had no issues.
Mike and Carol
1996 32+2 CB "Sanatee"

Solomons Island MD
thomaslong
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Orleans

Re: Wire and cable run across engine

Post by thomaslong »

There is an entire sheaf of wiring, electronic, electrical and others, that runs across the engine. I dove town there today replacing the radar network cable, and it looks like a bunch of those cables are tied wrapped directly to the bulkhead. They run from the AC/DC panel and the mast down and across the engine compartment, then up to the cabin headliner. I can't figure out how they could run any other way. A friend of mine and I poked and pondered, and he couldn't come up with any other solution either.

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”