• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Windlass location/choice

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
Andrewc
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: SouthportNC

Windlass location/choice

Post by Andrewc »

Hello,
I have a 1984 Albin 34 that has been a labor of love for me over the past 3 years. My current project that I am attempting to accomplish is adding a windlass. My Albin apparently had a windlass at some point in its history. The wires are still in the locker and the old switches are in the lower helm area. My challenge is figuring out what type of windlass was used and how did the chain/rode drop into the locker. Currently I am the windlass and I simply open the starboard locker feed the chain into it. Any suggestions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Re: Windlass location/choice

Post by Norseman »

The square wooden (teak?) plate behind the anchor is probably mounted there to cover up the holes from the old windlass and to cover the feed-hole to the chain locker.
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”