• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Dinette Table problems

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
newsie
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Coquina Harbor, South Carolina

Dinette Table problems

Post by newsie »

We have an 32+2 and put the dinette table down last year. Now we are trying to raise the table. We unscrewed the pin and cannot get the table to come back up. Any suggestions?
Rondo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Apollo Beach, FL

Re: Dinette Table problems

Post by Rondo »

Sounds like the gas spring has failed or the mount. The table is not too difficult to remove. Lay under the table and remove the screws in the metal ring. Having someone close by to keep it from falling is a good idea. Once the table is out of the way, remove the screws from the hatch in the deck. You can then remove the whole pedestal so you, or someone, can work on it. I don't know who made the gas spring, but you should be able to find a replacement, as they are widely available. I would guess the cost would'nt be more than $50 or so.
newsie
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Coquina Harbor, South Carolina

Post by newsie »

Rondo,
Thanks so much. Really appreciate your response. Stay safe and well in Florida.

All the best,
JC
Sanatee
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Solomons Island

Post by Sanatee »

On my 32+2, I can easily remove the heavy teak table top from the pedestal. That makes removal of the pedestal much easier as Rondo describes.
Mike and Carol
1996 32+2 CB "Sanatee"

Solomons Island MD
mprice85
Mate
Mate
Home Port: South Kingstown RI

Post by mprice85 »

Is there supposed to be a separate filler cushion to fill in the middle of the dinette with the table down?

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”