• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Replacement Main Cabin Door

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
mprice85
Mate
Mate
Home Port: South Kingstown RI

Replacement Main Cabin Door

Post by mprice85 »

Hi. Looking to see if anyone here has replaced their main cabin access door (from cockpit into cabin). Are there any places to get replacement parts like that for these boats? Wood option? Plexiglass? Whatever... Also have seen some boats with shower divider plexiglass instead of curtain? Any reliable places to get replacement parts for things?

Thanks!
hulamoon
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Matawan Creek, New Jersey

Re: Replacement Main Cabin Door

Post by hulamoon »

I have a 89 32 Sportfisher and I replaced the original delaminated wooden cabin door with one I fabricated from 3/4" star board. It came out really nice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Swede
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Fort Myers beach

Post by Swede »

Looks very nice, well done!
mprice85
Mate
Mate

Post by mprice85 »

Wow that’s awesome! Looks like I’ve got something similar on the ‘94 I just bought, but it’s maybe been painted or something that has made it look faded and a bit clunky. Guess that’s my answer though... make it or find someone that does!

Thanks!

If you have specs or a design schematic I’d love to take a look to see if that’ll work.
hulamoon
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Matawan Creek, New Jersey

Post by hulamoon »

I actually used the original door as a template but changed dimensions slightly for a tighter fit. Sorry to say that I did not save the dimensions. It wasn't too difficult, star board is wonderful to work with but sadly a bit pricey.
mprice85
Mate
Mate

Post by mprice85 »

No problem. Thanks!

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”