• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Forward hatch on 32+2

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
tjamison
Deckhand
Deckhand

Forward hatch on 32+2

Post by tjamison »

Anyone know the specs to replace the glass on the forward hatch?
Do I need to replace the whole hatch if only the glass is cracked?
thomaslong
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Orleans

Re: Forward hatch on 32+2

Post by thomaslong »

Get the model and serial number off the hatch. If it is a Bomar, they can send you a replacement lens. They will also advise that you change out the gasket. Removing the old silicone sealant from the hatch frame is truly a slow, messy job, but it has to be done to install the new lens so it won't leak.
Eastwind
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Burnt Store Marina

Post by Eastwind »

A lot of those hatches are likely not glass so you could probable get one cut to replace the space. The gasket though could well be a problem ... I agree with the above advice as first line of action !
The hatch in our 32ft CB is plexiglass and has a solar extraction fan in the centre. Hatch looks original to the boat /96
TomA
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PUNTA GORDA FL.

Post by TomA »

A LOCAL GLASS COMPANY HERE IN PUNTA GORDA FL. CUT AND FITTED A NEW PLEXIGLASS HATCH. VERY PLEASED WITH THE RESULTS TAKE THE HATCH TO YOUR LOCAL GLASS COMPANY AND SEE IF THEY OR ANOTHER COMPANY COULD HELP YOU. TOM

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”