• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

1992 Albin 32 - opinions

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
allante
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Amesbury Ma

1992 Albin 32 - opinions

Post by allante »

Wondering what the general consensus is on a 92 Albin 32.
Seaworthiness, fuel use, comfort etc.
The one that I have some interest in states it has a rebuilt Cat diesel. Engine reliability?
I was looking at 28's but this intrigued me.

Thanx for the input.
Tdelaney
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mattapoiset

Re: 1992 Albin 32 - opinions

Post by Tdelaney »

I have a 32 I have had for three seasons now, and the largest boat I have had. She has a 3116 cat 300 hp, plenty of power cruise 16 knots and is not a fuel pig. Very comfortable for three especially with the king layout for the midberth. Not the best in a following sea but what is. I have no complaints at all about her.
Tom Delaney
1992 32 Sportfish
Agave Azul
Mattapoisett Ma
allante
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Amesbury Ma

Post by allante »

Thanx Tom. Trying to compare to 28. I found a 32 for under 40k
Tdelaney
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mattapoiset

Post by Tdelaney »

Our goal was for a fishing and cruising boat as well. After seeing this boat for the first time the search was on. It is very spacious and laid out very nice for a couple cruising as well as a great fishing platform. If you want speed, this isn't it. 14 knots in my cruising speed but she doesn't break the bank when fueling. Any other questions reach out.
Tom Delaney
1992 32 Sportfish
Agave Azul
Mattapoisett Ma
Eastwind
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Burnt Store Marina

Post by Eastwind »

The 32 is very beamy and roomy compared with the 28. We live aboard down south in the winter on the boat and it has plenty of space. The command bridge means you can read the water better and is the only steering station. Its this clever design that gives the 32 so much room below , its what is not there.
The bridge is also a great place to sit out and take in whats going on around you plus less bugs up there and more air.
We are installing a second bimini over the deck area which it really needs.
We appreciated the single diesel option as the propellor and drive shaft are so much better protected than twins plus it goes fast enough. Daytona to Punta Gorda in 3 days recently. The other thing to love about the Albin is the moulded fibreglass cabin sole. No smell no bugs... so far

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”