• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Galley faucet replacement

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
thomaslong
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Orleans

Galley faucet replacement

Post by thomaslong »

Does anyone have tips on how to replace the galley faucet in a CB 32+2? My galley faucet runs fine on the hot water side but barely dribbles on the cold water side. I have pulled out the cabinet box underneath the sink, but I don't see how I can get up in there to replace the faucet.
Jones
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sarah Creek VA

Re: Galley faucet replacement

Post by Jones »

I'd like to hear a suggestion as I have the same issue with my faucet.
Jimmy & BettyAnn Jones
Knot @ Work
‘03 CB 32+2
KevinJ
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: massapequa, new york 11758

Post by KevinJ »

I replaced the galley faucet on my sportfish 32+2. Virtually impossible until you remove the sink, then it's a piece of cake. Of course on a boat it's never easy. My reason for removing the sink was to replace the countertop. Leaky portholes was the culprit, new seals fixed that. A screw in each corner of the sink will remove it, you need a long extension to get up there. Be careful the studs are not stainless on two of mine the spot welds broke, re-weld was an easy fix so I used the old sink. While I didn't do it, access from the bottom is possible if you do some cutting. Good Luck!!
thomaslong
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Orleans

Post by thomaslong »

Egad! But I'll take a look in there to see how to remove the sink. It may be better to try to disassemble the cold water side of the faucet, since the hot water side runs fine.
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

Really late to this thread...

I would try taking out the drawer/cabinet unit below the sink along with one refrigerator. Eight screws +/- . . . not difficult. That might gain enough access.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”