• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Solar Powered battery charger

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
GNC123
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Newburyport MA

Solar Powered battery charger

Post by GNC123 »

Looking at this solar powered battery charger to maintain the engine battery on my Albin 32?

On Amazon:

SUNER POWER 12V Waterproof Solar Battery Trickle Charger & Maintainer - 10 Watts Solar Panel Built-in Intelligent MPPT Solar Charge Controller + Adjustable Mount Bracket + SAE Connection Cable Kits

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N2PR267/re ... title&th=1
Tdelaney
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mattapoiset

Re: Solar Powered battery charger

Post by Tdelaney »

I put in 2 100 watt panels from Amazon and a duo racer mppt controller. Went with this because it does dual battery charging. I dump the main to the house battery and the rest goes to maintain the start battery. Works great since I am on a mooring and have no shore power. The remote monitor works great for monitoring since I installed the controller in bulkhead near the electrical panel.
Tom
Tom Delaney
1992 32 Sportfish
Agave Azul
Mattapoisett Ma
GNC123
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Newburyport MA

Post by GNC123 »

Thanks I’ll check it out
Davil11
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Morehead City NC

Post by Davil11 »

you may like to make sure the main switch (1-2 off-both)disconnects when off, the electrician installed mine did a weird thing and ended up feeding the main switch as a back door? , end result was when the main switch was off actually did not shut the power, did not think much about until realize in case of emergency/electric fire could not shut of it.
Finally, disconnected the second charging wire going to the house bank.
I know, is insane, solved the problem by having a dedicated panel to the starting battery and 2 panels to the house bank, each has its own controller, sometime when have the will power will figure it, as now I am wasting charging.
ron82056
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Danvers

Post by ron82056 »

GNC123 What solution did you come up with?
Maogwaicat
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palatka, FL

Post by Maogwaicat »

Tdelaney wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:03 pm I put in 2 100 watt panels from Amazon and a duo racer mppt controller. Went with this because it does dual battery charging. I dump the main to the house battery and the rest goes to maintain the start battery. Works great since I am on a mooring and have no shore power. The remote monitor works great for monitoring since I installed the controller in bulkhead near the electrical panel.
Tom
Hello Tom,
Would you care to expand on which Brand/system you installed? There are several that look good but I am pretty ignorant about what will readily install on 2X 8D batteries (House) and a starter battery.

Thanks!
Darryl Albin 35 CB

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”