• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Main Cabin floor damage next to lower station helm...can't find leak

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
Chappelear2020
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Highland Beach Florida

40' North Sea cutter lower station damaging my floors!

Post by Chappelear2020 »

My beautiful wood floors are ruined by a leak with unknown source in my main cabin in front of the lower station helm. I found a great vendor in Stuart, Florida Maritime Wood Products who will cut the section and re-do the flooring but first I have to find the leak. I think its a transition fluid leak cause our upper station(flying bridge) has this problem but its leak is contained in the engine room. Have you experienced this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Chappelear2020
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Highland Beach Florida

Main Cabin floor damage next to lower station helm...can't find leak

Post by Chappelear2020 »

We are having this flooring repaired by Martime Wood Products in Stuart, Fl. but I have to find the leak. I think its a transmission fluid thing in the lower station (cause we have problems with our flying bridge fluid leaking) and my husband thinks its water but that doesn't look like water to me. Looks like chemical leak. do you have any ideas where to find this leak. The area under the steering wheel is bone dry.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Jhill
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Mystic

Re: 40' North Sea cutter lower station damaging my floors!

Post by Jhill »

My guess would be either be the door track or the sink lines.
Should be able to soak the outside with a hose and see some moisture.
You may have to drill an inspection hole inside
the step opening to see it.

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”