• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Exhaust Elbow on a 32+2

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
scottsontherocks
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Magothy River

Exhaust Elbow on a 32+2

Post by scottsontherocks »

I have the Cummins 6BTA 370Hp and I'm doing my 3 year raw water system cleanout of the after cooler, oil cooler and will soon work my way to the heat exchanger. I've never messed with the exhaust elbow raw water inlet and was wondering if I should be pulling off the hose for an inspection.
Does anyone know if this something that is likely to get clogged up on this model and what the exhaust elbow spray inlet is made of? I see where on other models some have had to replace it. It is in a very tight location.

Any insight is appreciated.
Steve & Marlene
"Scotts on the Rocks"
98' 32+2 CB
hulamoon
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Matawan Creek, New Jersey

Re: Exhaust Elbow on a 32+2

Post by hulamoon »

Dry riser 4.jpg
Steve, If yours is like mine was, it's a wet elbow. Wet elbows don't last forever. Unfortunately I found out the hard way and started ingesting sea water into the turbo. Luckily I found it in time before causing major damage. What I wound up doing was having a insulated dry riser with a water outlet farther down the line fabricated by Seaboard Marine in Oxnard CA. They were great to work with and they probably still have the CAD file from my build. I have a 6BTA315 which uses 6" exhaust diameter. I would definitely at least give things a thorough inspection. I have a 1989 Sportfish 32.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”