• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

History of the 35 CB

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

History of the 35 CB

Post by jcollins »

Repost from VeeByes2

Andrew or somebody can correct me if I stray too far from fact but the history of the 35 Command Bridge goes something like this.

The boat was originally designed by Terry Compton, an Englishman, who looks at things a bit differently than your average US boat designer who seldom strays far from the herd in design.

The boat started life in the middle 80s as the 34 Trawler. What it lacked in good looks it more than made up for in functionality. It did not sell well. People like 'the look'.

You can't just chuck out a mold of a good hull so, in 1989 Albin offered the 32 Family fisherman. I saw it one cold day at the Annapolis show that year. We fell in love with it & vowed to some day have one.

From 89 through 95 various 'tinkerings' were done to the interior until the galley was moved aft & a center queen berth was put fwd. A fantastic layout.

In 1996 the last of the 32 Command bridges was produced, I have one of them, & the 32+2 was born. Voila! Perfection! All it took was extending the hull under the platform & an a$$ heavy boat can now getup & move without alot of trim tab. The interior 'tweeking', some for the better, some not continued but the boat was as near perfect a 32 as anyone could want.

It is very much a cruising boat first but likes to go fishing every so often.

The cockpit may be a little small but there was a way to fix that. You just cut out the transom & shove it back to end of the platform.

BINGO! We now have the 35. Standby. A 35+2 will be appearing at a marina near you before too long.

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
Marcy K
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cape Cod MA

Re: History of the 35 CB

Post by Marcy K »

Doug,

Thank you so much for the informative evolution of this hull type. We now own the A34 that started this particular track (there were several models of this too - with and without a fly bridge, with and without the deck off of it, doors to the main saloon or climb through). I have never seen the boats that came after us - just an A35 2005. I would love to see what came in between. It seems there is a model that will fit most everyone's special needs. Hopefully there will be some at the Essex rendezvous. We hope to be back from our July trip by then to go. Marcy
Marcy K
A 34 Paumanok 1986
Cape Cod MA

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”