• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 27' Big Brother - the Albin 34?

Bryan3536

Albin 27' Big Brother - the Albin 34?

Post by Bryan3536 »

Hi All,

I just posted this in another thread on the board, but since I don't know where this boat fits into the Albin scheme, I thought I should post it here as well.

I'm new to this group, but have posted on the "other" group before. My father and I have been in the market for an Albin 27' for the last few months. We've been looking at both the FC and SC models, because we're torn between having two cabins (for kids and overnights) and having more space to entertain on deck.

During the course of our search, we've come across an Albin 34' which appears to be the big brother to the Albin 27' FC - two cabins, hard top, open cockpit in between, no fly bridge (not to be confused with the other Albin 34's out there, that are more traditional trawlers with a fly bridge). Seems to have been built in the mid-80's, single screw 210 Cummins. I've attached a picture of the one we're looking at (and yes, it needs work).

This is bigger than we were looking at, but we're looking into this model because it seems to give us the best of both worlds - larger deck space, two cabins, with a no fly bridge, lower profile.

There is precious little information on this particular model, and I was wondering if anyone in the group had one? Has anyone seen one in person? Thoughts, comments, pictures? I'd love to hear their impressions of the vessel, performance, utility, and to see some pictures of it in "good" shape. Do any of our Albin historians have an old catalog with the specs of this model that they can email me?

Many thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
rt11002003
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rt11002003 »

There is a recent post on the YahooAlbin site which contains attachments that were scanned from old Albin sales literature.

It might answer some of your questions about that model of the Albin 34.

Gene
Gene Currently Albin "less"
Marcy K
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cape Cod MA

Re: Albin 27' Big Brother - the Albin 34?

Post by Marcy K »

Bryan,

Did you end up buying the A 34? We purchased one with a fly bridge earlier this month - it too will need a good bit of work but we are going to be in a shed this winter and are looking forward to a new project. She looks lovely but needs electrical (new larger batteries for living at anchor, new engine hoses, ports and stanchions re-bed to stop leaks and the list goes on. Ours is Hull # 3 and was built in 1986. We will be in Westbrook CT in the summer and are on the hard in Haddam on the CT River now.
Marcy
Marcy K
A 34 Paumanok 1986
Cape Cod MA

Return to “33/34”