• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Is everyone out there hibernating??

Boatmon

Is everyone out there hibernating??

Post by Boatmon »

Is everyone out there hibernating?? It’s time to wake up, Think Spring, let’s think boats, look at boat pictures, and talk about boat projects.
-Got questions? We’ll see if we can find answers.
-Been on a great winter trip with the boat? Let’s hear about it.
-Interesting winter projects? share the info with us.
I know there are not too many of you out there but lets keep the A34 forum active so we don’t loose it.
newlogo.jpg
That was John's only comment when he created the 34 forum. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Gunny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Re: Is everyone out there hibernating??

Post by Gunny »

:D No not hibernating just enjoying these lovely Carolina days and the temps have been great. Driving to MD Wed and hope to close on an A34 on Thursday. Barring any unseen problems should be heading South on Friday.Charleston is the destination and berth will be at the Ashley Marina. I am sure I will have many questions in the very near future for the board. One that is mentioned on one of the sites is the prop protector for the 34. I haven't seen one but have seen them mentioned on otherAlbins for sale. Down South running aground etc seems to be quite often. Even on my last boat which only drew 2 1/2 ft. Catch ya later. :D
Boatmon

Post by Boatmon »

I hope all goes as planned for you, please post some photos of the new vessel as well as some from the trip.
We'll look forward to hearing all about it!
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Last month we were digging out. This month our friends in the North East are bailing out. Maryland was spared but further up the coast there was bad floods. This weekend is spring. Temps in the 70s around here. Soda blasting the hull this week, waxing next week, launch April 2nd.

Hibernation is over. 8)
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

Props & rudders screens & all bronze sanded & prepped for Propspeed coatings, check-
Propspeed applied to new conditioned props, check
New Harness seat belts installed for High Velocity increase In Boat Speeds (Just kidding)
New pole holders, check,
bottom paint in hand check,
two cans Collinite Fleetwax & light compound ready to go, check
Two stacks of enviromentally safe card board coffee cups check, (No more foam)
Now wait for the sun to cooperate & find a crew to help
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

& find a crew to help
:( If your crew is like mine, they are scarce this time of year. :cry:
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Boatmon

Post by Boatmon »

Sounds great!! and when you're done The Lass needs all the attention she can get. :lol: The launch day is rapidly approaching and we're going to reach a point that we just have to say that she's good enough for her Great Lakes debut.
brookesmith
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Horn Harbor Marina Port Haywood, VA

Post by brookesmith »

I never even hibernated in Deltaville, VA. Worked like those guys on "DANGEROUS CATCH" 24º and wind blowing at 30kts at Stingray Point and I was changing hoses on the 120 Lehman in the slip. I'd much rather work when it's cold than when it's hot. I did LOTS of work on our 79 36'DC during January and February. Check www.sailblogs.com/member/liquidtherapy to see what I sort of documented. Yes they let powerboats post on sailblogs.com (at least slow trawlers) post on this nice blog site. I'm following some of our Canadian friends on that site that are headed to New Zealand. Looking forward to the Rendezvous in July.
Millard C. Smith ( Brooke )
brookesmith at yahoo dot com
2367 Old Church Rd.
Mechanicsville, VA 23111
804-779-3234 home
804-338-1227 cell

Liquid Therapy
1979 36' Albin DC
MTOA 4107
http://www.sailblogs.com/member/liquidtherapy

Return to “33/34”