• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Mysterious water tank on A34

Gunny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Mysterious water tank on A34

Post by Gunny »

:shock: At Charleston where my boat is berthed and trying to get a gameplan set on projects that need to be done. My surveyor noted an aft water tank with a deck fill that is not plumbed into the system. All folks with similiar boats mention the twin 35 gallon tanks for a 70 gl total. Wondering if the original owner had it installed as it looks factory to me. Just not plumbed. Anyone out there have a comment? Additonally it is amazing how much stuff can be stowed on a boat. I am still finding stuff (junk) the seller must have had a use for at one time. Blue Angels performed this weekend over the Cooper River here in Charleston.They put on a great show. They really brought in a crowd! Enjoy what is left of your weekend.
Marcy K
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cape Cod MA

Re: Mysterious water tank on A34

Post by Marcy K »

Gunny,

We too have a new to us 34 A and there was a water tank - 35 or 40 gallons located in the area behind the headboard on the bed, another was located under the bed. the one furthest aft had cracked and wasn't in use any longer as the previous owner had no way of removing it - it seems that Albin built the boat around the tank. We removed the headliner covered attached cushion from the headboard and cut a rectangular hole in the fiberglass giving us access to the tank and removed it - we put 2 bladder tanks in its pace and now have 50 gals back there and 35 under the bed. We built a wooden cabinet to insert into the cut out hole in the fiberglass - the doors of it are framed and there are shelves inside. the whole unit can be removed easily if access is needed to the new tanks. hope this helps. Marcy
Marcy K
A 34 Paumanok 1986
Cape Cod MA
Boatmon

Post by Boatmon »

Just a thought...Is there a transom shower or fresh water washdown that it could be a supply for?
Gunny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by Gunny »

No transom shower or washdown evident. Just seems as if someone stuck one in. There is a fill port for it but it was not plumbed. Guess I will check it for leaks and if it checks out plumb it in to the system.
Marcy K
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cape Cod MA

Post by Marcy K »

We have connected the 2 new bladder tanks in the aft (behind the headboard on the bed) to the tank under the bed - now all 3 will serve for water for sinks and showers - we did install a cockpit shower too. Marcy
Marcy K
A 34 Paumanok 1986
Cape Cod MA

Return to “33/34”