• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2011 Location and Date

Coordinator - Lou Bennett (loubennett)
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

2011 Location and Date

Post by loubennett »

The 2011 Rendezvous will be in St. Michaels at the St. Michaels Harbour Inn Marina. The dates are June 24-26. Late June was chosen to avoid the heat of summer we faced last year in late July and based on the good attendance at the 2009 Rendezvous held at about the same time. St. Michaels provides all of the elements deemed desirable. The venue provides a small marina setting where we will be close together and the amenites of a good hotel. The Harbour Inn offers a top notch restaurant and bar, a spa, and a pool. It is a short walk to all of the shops, restaurants, and attractions in St. Michaels and the hotel has a shuttle for those who don't want to walk. This is a place with plenty to do including a visit to the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum.

They are holding fifteen slips for us until April 1, 2011. To reserve yoru spot call (800) 955-9001 and ask for Rachel. Tell her you are with the Albin Owners Group. Details on the Harbour Inn can be found at www.harbourinn.com

Make your reservations early. St. Michaels is a very popular destination. They have a very liberal cancellation policy, so sign up early.

St. Michaels Harbour Inn
June 24-26, 2011
(800) 955-9001
Ask for Rachel

I would like to keep a list of those who plan to attend so please post your intentions here. I'll update the list periodically. I will have more details later on group activities planned for the weekend.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
scottsontherocks
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Magothy River

Re: 2011 Location and Date

Post by scottsontherocks »

Count me in for St Michaels. Now having owned my Albin 32+2 for one season, this looks like a great opportunity to meet other proud Albin owners. I typically do more reading than posting and my wife and I are looking forward in meeting the gang. St Michaels is a great place!
Steve & Marlene
"Scotts on the Rocks"
98' 32+2 CB
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Oh well...I'll miss this one too. We will be in Tilghman for the first week or so of April & the first weekend of August till about midweek. The last weekend of June we will be far far away. We will drink a toast from The Yukon or N British Columbia.

Anything happening in September?
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
Butch
In Memorium
Home Port: St Michaels,Md.

Post by Butch »

Great location...The Mary B is in the St Mike's harbor now....Lou ...Good Choice!!!!!! and the date is perfect, no 102 heat
Bob Enzor
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bob Enzor »

Lou,

Please count us in aboard "Doreen Marie".

Bob & Doreen Enzor
'88-'08 27FC - Doreen Marie
5 miles from St. Michaels
KathyN
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KathyN »

I just made a reservation for us for the Rendezvous. We're hoping to be there! That weekend will be the Miles River Yacht Club regatta, and there's a slight chance our racing log canoe 'Flying Cloud' may race there that weekend........I don't know yet what impact it would have on us attending at least part of the rendezvous activities, but it would definitely have some considerable impact, as we will be using our '97 Albin 31, 'SeaKeeper', as the towboat and tender for the log canoe.

We're looking forward to the rendezvous and meeting more Albin folks! :D

Kathy Noble
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by loubennett »

Hope you can make it. I'm hoping i can get Quest away from the marina to see at least one of the log canoe races. Keep a watch on the forum. As we get closer to the date I'll be posting an agenda for rendezvous. If you do race maybe you can break free for part of it. Where will you be keeping Flying Cloud during the regatta?
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis

Return to “Fifth Annual Chesapeake AOG Rendezvous 2011”