• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Rendezvous Planning

Coordinator - Lou Bennett (loubennett)
Halcyon2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: North, Va

Re: Rendezvous Planning

Post by Halcyon2 »

Hello! This is my first post. My name is Ron Lambert - I live in Mathews Virginia and I'm retiring in 2 weeks (just have to tell people that)! So, now I will have time to post and read more even though I have been a member of AOG for about 2 years. We are planning on the St. Michael's trip in June and are looking forward to meeting other Albin owners.

Ron Lambert
2004 Albin 28 TE
Halcyon II
North, VA
Ron and Debbie Lambert
Halcyon 2
North, VA
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Halcyon2 wrote:Hello! This is my first post. My name is Ron Lambert - I live in Mathews Virginia and I'm retiring in 2 weeks (just have to tell people that)! So, now I will have time to post and read more even though I have been a member of AOG for about 2 years. We are planning on the St. Michael's trip in June and are looking forward to meeting other Albin owners.

Ron Lambert
2004 Albin 28 TE
Halcyon II
North, VA
Let me officially welcome you Ron. Thanks for becoming a supporting member and we will see you in June.

Happy Retirement! :mrgreen:

John
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Post by furball »

Lou,
We made our reservation today.
Thanks for the reminders.
See you there.
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by loubennett »

John - It will be good to see you. Anyone who has not yet made reservations please do so in the next week. St. Michaels is a very popular spot and the marina could fill up fast after April 1.

Chuck - Everyone is welcome. The Harbour Inn is busy that weekend. No special rates. Call them to inquire about a room. Also there are other hotels in St. Michaels so you may want to shop around. The Best Western is probably the least expensive and it's a 5 minute drive away. In either case you should reserve early.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
Halcyon2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: North, Va

Post by Halcyon2 »

Hi Lou:

I made our reservations yesterday for the Marina. The Harbour Inn hotel is sold out Friday and Saturday due to a large wedding. There are 2 nice B&B's in town as well. Looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the owners.

Ron Lambert
Halcyon II
Ron and Debbie Lambert
Halcyon 2
North, VA
tab
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Edgewater Maryland

Post by tab »

Lou, sign me up for the rendesvous in St. Michaels. Terry and Jeanie Bidnick.. boat name Keystone, a 36 express trawler. I have reserved my slip. Let me know if there is anything else I can or should do.
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loubennett »

I will be checking out the rendezvous location this weekend. It will be the first cruise of the year for Quest so I'll get a good checkout of the new electronics as well. When I called for a reservation at the Harbour Inn I discovered that last Year's Dockmaster has returned. Matt is a good guy and I'm sure he will do everything he can to make the rendezvous go well. I'll be checking on some other rendezvous related items too. I'll post a report early next week. It's only 5 weeks away.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

:mrgreen: Have a good trip. :mrgreen:
John
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loubennett »

Good news. St. Michaels is still there and there are eighteen Albins that have made reservations for the rendezvous. There is still room at the marina so there is still time to sign up. Matt (the Dockmaster) is trying to put all of us in the basin. It looks like that will work out. I'll post some more regale later when I can get to a real computer. iPhones are great but not really suited to lengthy entries.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
ChesapkLady
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anchorage Marina, Baltimore, MD

Post by ChesapkLady »

We just joined the group, and are looking forward to joining you all for the Rendezvous in our 1986 Albin 43 Classic Trawler, "Aqua Vitae." We may be the oldest of the group. . . it will be interesting to see! We'll be coming down from Baltimore on Friday, and we'll be anchoring out. I don't know if St. Michaels still allows anchoring in the harbor, but we'll try there first so we're close to the group. Looking forward to meeting other Albin owners!
Peggy and Hans Bjarno
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loubennett »

Anchoring is available in the harbor. There is a water taxi available also. There is still room In the marina if you want a slip. Look forward to seeing you.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Hi Peggy and Hans,
Thanks for becoming a supporting member on your first post! Consider the marina. Your 43 would make a great cocktail hour (or two) place to meet. In 2009 we had Richard's tug. I'm looking forward to a tour of your boat.

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
John

Return to “Fifth Annual Chesapeake AOG Rendezvous 2011”