• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

St Michaels Rendezvous June 2011

Coordinator - Lou Bennett (loubennett)
tinsley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: CAMBRIDGE, MD

St Michaels Rendezvous June 2011

Post by tinsley »

Just wanted to say that we had a wonderful weekend at the St Michaelas Rendezvous. We have only had our Albin 28 for a year, and this was the first over night trip we have taken. Really enjoyed meeting everyone, and hope to do it again next year. Thanks to Lou and John Collins for making it happen. Tinsley & Cheryl Meekins "Tower Power" Cambridge, MD
Tower Power
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: St Michaels Rendezvous June 2011

Post by jcollins »

It was great meeting you and Cheryl and everyone else. Consider the memory foam. It's a little more comfortable than sleeping bags.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
KathyN
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KathyN »

Allan and I had SUCH a wonderful time this weekend! Thanks so much to both Lou and John for all your efforts in planning the rendezvous, and Lou, please extend our thanks again to your brother for letting us party at his place on Saturday!

It was great to meet so many new friends from all over the Bay, and to see the variety of boats in the Albin family. We enjoyed the marina and being right there in the middle of the action of St. Michaels, too. We are already looking forward to seeing folks again, and to attending the rendezvous next year!

Many thanks!

Kathy and Allan :D :D :D
Halcyon2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: North, Va

Post by Halcyon2 »

All:

Debbie and I echo the above comments. Thanks to Lou and John for all the work. It was a great weekend and trip for us. It was our first rendezvous as well and it was very rewarding to me to learn from others who have been there - done that. I even ran WOT on the way in to my home port - just like the suggestionsm - I only shut my eyes and held my breath for a minute - honest! If any of you find yourself close to the Mobjack Bay and the North River (way down South), please give us a shout. We have a berth and a guest house so you can try dry land for a while. Thanks again. Ron and Debbie Lambert
Ron and Debbie Lambert
Halcyon 2
North, VA
crowra
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Full time cruiser

Post by crowra »

This was our first rendezvous and Rob and I had a great time. It was nice to put faces with names. We enjoyed hosting happy hour and would be happy to do so again in the future. A special thanks to our neighbors Terry and Jeanie (Keystone) for co-hosting. We also want to thank Lou and John for all the hard work that was put into this rendezvous. A special thanks to Nancy and Lou's brother for the Saturday night potluck cookout. It was nice arriving home and seeing a fellow Albin (Blu Bay Ewe) in the transient spot across from our slip.

Sharon & Rob
Ka'Why Knot
Rob & Sharon Crow
1987 36' Double Cabin
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by loubennett »

I'd like to thank everyone for coming. We had a record turn-out. 19 or 20 boats. (I lost count. I think John has an accurate count from the sign in book.) 4 or 5 more boats represented by those who drove. It was really a pleasure seeing the folks from previous rendezvous and meeting the large number of first timers. It was great that some boats traveled from as far as Little Creek (Virginia) to attend. I hope everyone had a good time. St.Michaels is sort of my second home, so I'm biased, but I think it's one of the nicest ports on the Chesapeake. I stayed over until Monday to spend some time with the locals and had a nice, slow cruise back to Annapolis. Well the bottom line on Albin Rendezvous is "good boats and great company".
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis

Return to “Fifth Annual Chesapeake AOG Rendezvous 2011”