• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Florida Rendezvous Coordinator Announcement

Coordinator - Chuck Waygood (chuck waygood)
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Florida Rendezvous Coordinator Announcement

Post by jcollins »

Chuck Waygood has stepped up to be our Florida Rendezvous coordinator. Chuck is looking seriously at the Cape Harbor Community Marina in Cape Coral. He is also coordinating with members of the former Florida Albin Club to bring us all together.

Thanks Chuck!

Although the name/location has changed from Southern to Florida, we have not ruled out a southern rendezvous. If you are interested in coordinating, please let me know.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
firemanbob
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Unknown

Re: Florida Rendezvous Coordinator Announcement

Post by firemanbob »

Florida gathering.........I see Cape Coral but no date. Where in Cape Coral? My brother has a place there on a deep water canal, with 100 ft. of dock. He may have a 48 footer tied up but I'm not sure.. If the date fits in I may drive down from Daytona. Beach. I would bring my 36' Albin bb Sculpin but I have time constraints. It would be fun to meet some other Albin owners. Also my brother has wanted to buy an Albin for years.. Could be an interesting situation..
Firemanbob............. firemanbob55@hotmail.com I can be reached at 407-782-2333
Al O Fish Us
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Punta Gorda, Florida

Post by Al O Fish Us »

I am very interested, being in Punta Gorda, a few short road miles away. I have 3 Albin friends that would possibly attend also. A tentative date would be very helpful. I'm also sure the former site of Burnt Store Marinia would be very accomodating!. We are new Albin 28TE owners ( 6 months) and had our initial cruise of the year starting on Black Friday and ending on Monday!
Chuck Waygood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Home, Treasure Island, Florida

Post by Chuck Waygood »

Hey Al o fish us, bring that TE out to Cayo Costa and join us to run on down to Cape Harbor! Should be a good showing!
Hardee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hardee »

Chuck,
We plan on attending the Rendezvous at Cape Harbour Marina. It's just a few miles from home (Cape Coral), but we look
forward to meeting other Albin owners.
Hardee
Al O Fish Us
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Al O Fish Us »

Chuck, In reviewing, I realized I haven't responded regarding meeting @ Cayo. I have spoken to Joyride, Holiday Express, and of course my wife and it looks like we plan on meeting you @ Cayo or Cabbage Key. Apparantly Cabbage Key also has a place to anchor.
Chuck Waygood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Home, Treasure Island, Florida

Post by Chuck Waygood »

Al o fish us, or is it Nauti Naita? :) The " anchorage" by Cabbage Key is really across from it by Useppa and subject to some wind and wave action from the channel, whereas Cayo Costa is a fully protected bay. So it depends on the weather. We will stay in touch on the forum and byVHF down your way. At least one other and maybe two will be traveling from here at the same time. It's got to warm up a bit don't you think? Sure glad we moved south. New York is getting it again :roll:
Al O Fish Us
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Al O Fish Us »

Chuck Waygood wrote:Al o fish us, or is it Nauti Naita? :) The " anchorage" by Cabbage Key is really across from it by Useppa and subject to some wind and wave action from the channel, whereas Cayo Costa is a fully protected bay. So it depends on the weather. We will stay in touch on the forum and byVHF down your way. At least one other and maybe two will be traveling from here at the same time. It's got to warm up a bit don't you think? Sure glad we moved south. New York is getting it again :roll:
After we meet, we are headed for Cape Harbour Marina correct? Some former Albin owners are asking and plan to drive there. I looked @ website and it appears to be amazing. Is this the correct place?
Jim O.

Return to “Florida AOG Rendezvous 2011”