• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Rendezvous Information from Chuck Waygood

Coordinator - Chuck Waygood (chuck waygood)
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Rendezvous Information from Chuck Waygood

Post by jcollins »

The Florida Rendezvous with Albin Owners Group and Florida Albin Club is coming up fast.

An information message to all who have registered for the March 2011 Albin Rendezvous at Cape Harbor.

Pardon the hyperbole, but this is a Historic First !! The first rendezvous that is a consolidated affair of Albin owners from both the Florida Albin Club and the Albin Owners Group, with half the 30 boats attending from each. Interestingly, both organizations were founded at about the same time, the FAC by Bill Eibach in Florida and the AOG by John Collins in Baltimore. Bill will be with us on Thursday, March 24, but John Collins (who had reservations to attend) was "sidetracked" by work. A word about both organizations:
Since its organization in 2006, the FAC has had three rendezvous' to provide an opportunity for Albin owners to get together. John Kays was scheduled to host this one at Cape Harbor. I saw the opportunity to bring together the AOG members and have worked with John on the organization. AOG also was formed in 2006, but had the benefit of a computer guru who established a web forum (albinowners.net) which now has over 1300 members in the U.S., Canada, Japan, Australia, Sweden and France (did I mention Shanghai?), 90% of whom are Albin owners. There is no advertising and membership is free. In this era of partisan politics, I found it interesting that there are also no officers, just moderators for the forums on maintenance, specific models, cruising, pictures, etc, and coordinators for the rendezvous' in New England, the Chesapeake, the Pacific and Florida. More information on both groups will be available at the rendezvous.
A word about "our" rendezvous: John will be sending out a detailed agenda, but briefly, there will be a cookout on Wednesday evening, hamburgers and hot dogs supplied but also bring a dish to share if you like, and a gourmet breakfast on Thursday from 8 to 10, which are covered by the $30 per boat John asked for. Also on Wednesday, about 2:30, there will be a tutorial on boat maintenance (not mechanicals) by Pristine Marine with offices in Tampa Bay and Sarasota. Thursday, after breakfast, a membership meeting, consideration of the next rendezvous, a discussion of AOG and the current status of the Albin line, and the presentation of awards (a new VHF with DSC, an antenna and mounting bracket, some tools and a large gift basket!) and other prizes. There will also be a presentation by Neil of Paradise Marine Electronics (offices in Ft Myers and Pig Tale Marina in Ft Myers Beach),successor to Tropica Marine. Finally, a final dinner at Rum Runners (separate checks).
Looking forward to seeing you there !!!

Return to “Florida AOG Rendezvous 2011”