• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Day two of the Rendezvous

Coordinator - Chuck Waygood (chuck waygood)
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Day two of the Rendezvous

Post by jcollins »

The fact that we haven't heard from any of our Florida friends tells me the rendezvous is going pretty well. I had my reservations and was ready to go. Then a client called and told me he needed his servers upgraded this week. :evil:

I am suprised that during the planning no one mentioned the outragous slip fees they pay in Florida. $1.00 per foot?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Chuck Waygood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Home, Treasure Island, Florida

Re: Day two of the Rendezvous

Post by Chuck Waygood »

Sixteen Albins arrived yesterday, another 11 due in today, all in beautiful Florida spring weather ! Last night was a great band, dancing or watching in the square right by the harbor, and it also happened to be "motorcycle night", with about 25 in full dress (but only one BMW for me !). Hard to beat this....
firemanbob
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Unknown

Post by firemanbob »

Capt. Collins: I'm sorry to hear that you are going to miss the party. Cape Harbor Marina

is a super place. What a beautyful spot for a gathering. Unfortunate due to WORK we had

to drive down from Smyrna Beach and will have to leave on Thursday morning to go back.

Met lots of real nice folks on Tuesday night from the club.. Seems like I hold some records..

Oldest Albin, longest Albin and ferthest away as of yesterday .. Should be some more

arrivals today. With the boat back in Smyrna. we are staying with my brother a short ways

from the marina Beautyful place on the water way with 100 ft. of waterfront and pool..

Not to bad for free. He has his 48' Chris Craft tied up in front of the house. We'll head back to

the marina in time for happy hour today. Wish you were here....firemanbob & Lynne
StonePony
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cape Coral, FL

Post by StonePony »

Deb and I had a chance to stop by after work on Tuesday afternoon. Everyone that we met greeted us as warm and friendly as if we'd been friends for years.

Thanks to Jim and your lovely wife, Joy & Tom, Terri & Ron, and Hal & Dee for your hospitality. Special thanks go to Chuck and Carole, and John and Judy for putting this together.

It was quite an impressive fleet of Albins sitting alongside in the basin at Cape Harbour. With more due to arrive today, I wish that I could take off...(well you know).... I've been daydreaming Albin's more than usual today :roll:
Al O Fish Us
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Punta Gorda, Florida

Post by Al O Fish Us »

Another awesome day in sunny Florida with all our Albin friends. Great amount of sharing Albin ideas! Thanks to the Waygoods and Kays for their hard work in putting this together! What a beautiful location. I recommend it to anyone that has an opportunity. Live music again tonight! Great cookout ! We need to keep this going! :D

Return to “Florida AOG Rendezvous 2011”