• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Rendezvous Wrap-up

Coordinator - Chuck Waygood (chuck waygood)
Chuck Waygood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Home, Treasure Island, Florida

Rendezvous Wrap-up

Post by Chuck Waygood »

The weather gods blessed this rendezvous with perfect sunny, high 70's to low 80 degree weather for the 3 or 4 days before and throughout the weekend, giving time for the cruise to and from. :D :D Sunday late night, early Monday AM, much needed rain with thunder and lightning arrived (10 hours after "A-List" arrived at her home dock). With 27 boats and ten additional "walk-ins" attending, there was much socializing, boat examining and planning for next year: Same place, about the same time, hope for the same weather. Lots of awards: Tom Bidgood (who missed the award due to work ) :( got the best looking/preserved/as new for his 30' Family Cruiser "Bidgood", but the burgee went to Tom Talton for his 35 CB "Miss Cullen"; the oldest to attend was Dennis Ewing's 27 "Island Hopp'n"and he got some tools to keep it going; 13 years was the longest consecutive Albin ownership; another burgee (or hat?)went to a looper, name not noted; the VHF antenna and mount went to a deserving owner who acknowledged that his was looking poorly; and a poll of those attending showed their honesty or maintenance ability, no one acknowledging a desperate need for a new VHF with DSC, so it went to Dan Mann on "Get Aweigh" who did experience some transmission issues on the way from Tampa. And, of course, the gift basket for coming the furthest went to John Kispet who came all the way from Patrick Air Force Base (Melbourne) in his pristine 28 TE. That award would have gone to Fireman Bob who drove in from Daytona Beach because his old trawler would take 5 days just to get there, but he got a cap and a burgee anyhow! John Kays did a great job of arranging food, including a gourmet breakfast by Chef Piginoli, and after promising to join the Group, got a burgee! Check out the additional pictures on Google (if I can manage the technicalities). Thanks to all who participated, to John Collins for the Banner, hats, burgees and coolies, and lets get more boats in next year! Chuck
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Rendezvous Wrap-up

Post by jcollins »

Chuck,
Many thanks to you for pulling this together. 27+10 is an impressive turnout. From the posts and emails I received, it is obvious that everyone had a good time. That is the #1 point of AOG. A place to bring family and friends together. Whether we meet online or in person, it's great to know everyone. Sorry to hear that the T-shirts were undersized. I guess I forget that we're not all in our twenties anymore and need the larger sizes. Next time more large and less medium.

Thanks again for all your hard work and thanks for sharing those photos.

John
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Al O Fish Us
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Punta Gorda, Florida

Re: Rendezvous Wrap-up

Post by Al O Fish Us »

Chuck Waygood and John Kays made this rendezvous work. Their hard work and cooperation made it work!!! Without them and of course AOG ( John Collins) it wouldn't have happened. Whether I'm the first, second or 29th to register doesn't matter, God willing, sign me up for next year!! I didn't here one complaint. Chuck suggested a "Minnesota Rendezvous". Several of us agree :D Nauti Naita, Al O Fishus, Jim Overton, Ove, "WHATEVER!!"

Return to “Florida AOG Rendezvous 2011”