This forum

Anything and everything you have to sell. Supporting members only.

Moderators: DougSea, Nancy

jcollins
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Baltimore

The yard sale forum is for non-boating, usable stuff for sale. You must be a supporting member to post here but everyone is welcome to browse the listings. Be sure to post contact information so non-members can get in touch with you. Email addresses should have spaces. (i.e., yourname_AT_yourdomain.com)
This forum is not moderated at this time. Looking for a volunteer. 8)
jcollins
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Baltimore

Dougsea has stepped up and will taking on moderation of the yard sale forum.

Thanks Doug!
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

Outstanding. Thanks Doug.
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Legacy wrote:Outstanding. Thanks Doug.
Figure I spend my whole day on AOG...I really should help out! :lol:
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

I feel like I should sell something...

Anyone want to buy a watch?

:)
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Engineer6
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Formerly Windmill Harbor, SC

Swap you for a bridge I own over the East River?
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Need to do spring garage clean up. There are lots of collectible old boats parts I need to list. Things to follow when I find time. Would make the wife happy, first iIF I clean and more so if i get rid of some stuff.
whwells "Howard"
Ben423
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Home Port: Two Harbors

This post isn't directly related to Albins, but I am an Albin owner and a supporting member of this forum. I'm not sure if this post meets the requirements of this forum so I'll understand if the moderator removes it.

Being on lockdown for the last year has had its share of unexpected challenges but it has also had a few unintended benefits, such as doing a bunch of little home improvement projects, watching all those movies that otherwise busy people never seem to have time for, and reading. It also gave me time to write a novel, which I recently published on Amazon. Voyage To Crusoe is about a guy whose comfortable middle class life is suddenly upended and he loses his wife, his home and his career. He finds himself living on a sailboat in a rundown marina in Los Angeles. It is there that his life takes another unexpected turn.

The book has been well received, with all 5 star ratings on Amazon and Goodreads. You can find it by going to my website: www.LeifBeiley.com

One last note: I did a big chunk of the writing while sitting aboard Compadre, my Albin 28.
Voyage To Crusoe - 3D.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deale MD

Leif
Congratulations on completing and publishing your novel. I take my hat off to you because I also have been trying to get a sci-fi tome off the ground, and have realized that I suffer from full-time writers’ block or something very similar. Writing is not as easy as it should be. (Especially as I spent much of my recent working life writing proposals - mostly successful - for gov. contracts.)
I have about five books on the go at the moment but hope get round to reading yours in the near future.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Zodiac 9' HP
Tribe 9.5 yak
Rockhold Creek, Deale MD
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Fort Lauderdale

. One last note: I did a big chunk of the writing while sitting aboard Compadre, my Albin 28.
Cool, I picked it up @ Amazon just now.
Will read it sitting on my Albin 28. :shock:

(It seems a lot of experienced boaters get into the Albin 28TE, why is that?
I chose one because of simplicity, single engine, protected prop/rudder, sea worthy, no bling, no non-sense, etc.)
Had sailboats for almost 20 years, worked as a Merchant Mariner and as a Yacht Captain, plenty experience and love my 28TE.

Looking forward to reading the book. 8)
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,207 hrs. 19X18 four-blade wheel.
Ben423
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Doug,
Yup, writing is harder than it seems. One thing that helped me a lot was joining a critique group. Until covid struck, we used to meet twice a month. Nowadays we meet via Zoom. Having other writers to criticize and encourage you is very effective in getting going if you're stuck.
Ben423
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Norseman wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:24 pm
. One last note: I did a big chunk of the writing while sitting aboard Compadre, my Albin 28.
Cool, I picked it up @ Amazon just now.
Will read it sitting on my Albin 28. :shock:

(It seems a lot of experienced boaters get into the Albin 28TE, why is that?
I chose one because of simplicity, single engine, protected prop/rudder, sea worthy, no bling, no non-sense, etc.)
Had sailboats for almost 20 years, worked as a Merchant Mariner and as a Yacht Captain, plenty experience and love my 28TE.
I feel the same way about my Albin. After many years of maintaining and repairing my Beneteau 423 in remote tropical places, I knew I wanted a simple, straightforward, easy-to-maintain boat. I also wanted something solid, seaworthy and respectable. The 28 fills the bill just about perfectly.

As for the book, I started crossing oceans long before GPS, so it is set in the 1980's just at the end of the celestial navigation era. I wanted to give readers a brief taste of what it was like to take a noon sight from the deck of a sailboat. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the book.

Return to “Yard Sale”