• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Lehman 4D61 engine mounts?

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

sshana1
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Long Island, NY

Lehman 4D61 engine mounts?

Post by sshana1 »

Anyone know engine mounts I need for this engine?
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Re: Lehman 4D61 engine mounts?

Post by DCatSea »

I bought 4 new mounts from PYI last year. They are R&D 231lb mounts - part # 80-0002-C, and were $109.800 each. Installed really easily, and have made a big difference to vibration, noise (relatively - it's a 4D61 after all) and general well being.

PYI is at 425 355 3689 and www.pyiinc.com/ They were very helpful

Hope this works.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

I second PYI. Took my shaft seal into them to see what I had and they re-kitted it, new seals, bellows, resurface of stainless ring and a bag of parts for install. In and out in before I finished availing myself of their restroom facilities. So I bought one of their shaft saver couplers. Very knowledgeable and willing to serve their public.
sshana1
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Long Island, NY

Post by sshana1 »

Thanks so much!
I will contact them!!
srcody617
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Boston Mass.

Post by srcody617 »

Doug,
Do you have advice on the procedure for re-alignment of the shaft?
Does anyone have any experience with a broken block tab? Front port. Maybe that’s a new thread.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Sorry - can't really help there. I have a large 'VULKAN" German drive saver, which according to the mechanic who did the install for me (I didn't (don't) have the ability to jack up the engine to switch the mounts) made the install and realignment very simple.
Said drive saver is currently off the shaft because I have pulled the shaft to replace the cut-less bearing, spruce up the stuffing block (old style) and make all well in the drive train. Note: I've never had a problem with it, other than years of misuse, and really no vibration to speak of; this may change because I'm also putting in a larger propeller, a 16x14, to see what happens. If all goes well I'll keep it on. If not, the original 15x11 goes back on.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03

Return to “Albin Maintenance”