• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Sliding pilot house window on 28 TE 2006

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Albesaurus
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Connecticut

Re: Sliding pilot house window on 28 TE 2006

Post by Albesaurus »

New information regarding the sliding windows of the 28 TE. Nell from Pompanette retired so i have been dealing with a new person there in customer service. It seems that these windows are manufactured by Bomar not Americans Marine. They do still make the aluminum extrusions but they are 6-8 week lead time. I am in the process of ordering them but in the meantime i would like to secure all the other loose edge trims. I have no idea what to use to glue a painted aluminum trim to glass. The original is set in a rubber gasket. Seems like a pressure connection but maybe they used glue as well. No idea.

What would be a good product to re-glue these trims so they dont fall off again!! Pompanette cannot answer this question. I am just great full they will still make the parts that went overboard
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Albesaurus wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:25 am New information regarding the sliding windows of the 28 TE. Nell from Pompanette retired so i have been dealing with a new person there in customer service. It seems that these windows are manufactured by Bomar not Americans Marine. They do still make the aluminum extrusions but they are 6-8 week lead time. I am in the process of ordering them but in the meantime i would like to secure all the other loose edge trims. I have no idea what to use to glue a painted aluminum trim to glass. The original is set in a rubber gasket. Seems like a pressure connection but maybe they used glue as well. No idea.

What would be a good product to re-glue these trims so they dont fall off again!! Pompanette cannot answer this question. I am just great full they will still make the parts that went overboard
Great news and glad that you stuck with it. I remember that I had the same issue with my 28 TE and recall that they were press fit. Hopefully with nice new extrusions and gasket they will be secure.

Can you share the name of the customer service rep and contact info so that, if needed, others will have it?
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Capt Brad
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Mattapoisett Ma

Post by Capt Brad »

Albesaurus,
Please, please, please do send me the info as I am missing one right now so I can place an order. I would use a clear silicone adhesive sealer. PM me or email me at cptsmith@comcast.net
Brad
Capt Brad
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Post by Jeremyvmd »

5200 will hold it…lol. Sorry had to. Glad you were able to find the part
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
gmberkley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Fairhaven, MA

Post by gmberkley »

I had my starboard side fall off, thankfully landed on my boat and not in water at my slip. I took out the rubber gasket, cleaned it really well, cleaned the glass and used Life Seal to reinstall it, so far so good working great. I placed the bead into the frame, not too much, so when I placed it on the glass very little had to be cleaned off of the glass, hope this helps
Gregg M. Berkley 25 Ton Master USCG
2005 Albin 28 TE Flush Deck
Fairhaven, MA
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Consider GE Ultraglaze
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
sheandi
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Maine

Post by sheandi »

Good morning a year later, part number if you have it or part number on window. Thanks
Capt Brad
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Mattapoisett Ma

Post by Capt Brad »

I ha e the number but they won’t make it anymore. My boat yard trying to come up
With a solution.
Capt Brad

Return to “Albin Maintenance”