• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Guest Speaker

Coordinator - Lou Bennett (loubennett)

Moderator: DougSea

loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Guest Speaker

Post by loubennett »

I talked to Mike Nelson who is a boat handling instructor in Annapolis, He has a 100 ton Captains License and is very familiar with the Albin 28. He has conducted classes onboard the 28's that belong to Chesapeake Boat Club, Mike is willing to give us a talk on boat handling, especially around the dock, at the rendezvous. He will cover both single and twin screw boats with emphasis on the single screw Albins. I plan to set this up for Saturday morning, probably around 10:00. I know most of us handle our boats fairly well, but I think everyone will gain from Mike's expertice. For those that are still learning, it should give a good boost along the way. For those more experienced, you will gain some knowledge that will make you even better.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Guest Speaker

Post by jcollins »

Great idea for a speaker Lou. :arrow: I'll be first in line!
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by loubennett »

He's a really nice guy. I met him in a bar. After we discussed boat handling I asked if he would be willing to give a talk at the rendezvous. He has given instruction on the Albin 28's owned by Chesapeake Boat Club. Probably used Quest at some point.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

I met him in a bar.
That's always a good place to start. :)
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
crowra
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Full time cruiser

Post by crowra »

Lou,

Great idea for a guest speaker! Being a relatively new single engine, no-thruster(s), Albin 36 owner who practically hyperventilates into a brown paper bag at the sight of "no. 1", this is much appreciated.

Rob
Ka'Why Knot
Rob & Sharon Crow
1987 36' Double Cabin

Return to “Sixth Annual Chesapeake AOG Rendezvous 2012”