• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Wondering About The Lack of Post Here

Coordinator - Dave Kircher (DKircher)

Moderator: DougSea

whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Wondering About The Lack of Post Here

Post by whwells »

It would really suprise me if there is not some serious interests in doing a 2012 NW Rendezvous. For starters
I will be interested.
whwells "Howard"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: WONDERING ABOUT THE LACK OF POST HERE

Post by jcollins »

whwells wrote:It would really suprise me if there is not some serious interests in doing a 2012 NW Rendezvous. For starters
I will be interested.
whwells "Howard"
I think most folks are still winding down the 2011 season. I opened up the forum since Dave volunteered to coordinate again. Things will pick up as winter months set in.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bremerton Yacht Club, Bremerton, WA USA

Post by dkircher »

Howard and others,

I believe there is interest and that we need to pick a place and date and go forth with a rendezvous in 2012. Gig Harbor has been suggested before. Any other suggestions? Maybe a location further north. Lots of room in Anacortes at Cap Sante... Looking at my Wagonner guide, other good locations (where there are things to do on shore and adequate guest moorage): Port Townsend, Kingston, Roche Harbor, etc.

Please let us know about your interest. And should we target August?
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Dave: As a newbey to the San Juans my thoughts are limited. The Gig Harbor area is excellent based upon the limited time spent there due to my Luhrs at Sunset Yachats Sales. Having driven around the area with my friend who lives in Bremerton/Silverdale do agree there is lots to do. It may also attract the Albin community out of Seattle for a larger turn out. As long as the Luhrs remains there I would have an excuse to help you out in the area.
However, Nibbles will soon be in Anacorete Marinia and I would be happy to give you support from there.
Looked at the web page for Cap Sante and they do have plenty of convention type facilities. However, it is hard to guess what kind of turn out you will get and whether thier is need for that sort of thing.

I do recall some previous posting that to get the Canadian AOG members down Gig Harbor maybe a long way for them. So maybe Anacortes will attract members from both directions. Still you are the lead person and having the activities close to you would likely make your job easier.

Will after getting to Anacortes look at Cap Sante up close. My current thought is will you get enough people from the north to make the north the best place. Let's see if we can get some North and South comments of interests going. John is right it is early, but never too soon to get some feelers out there.
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Post by joreyn »

If you wanted to come to Kingston I can help out. The Kingston Cove Yacht Club has a nice facility. I can help out with arrangements if I am in town. It's an easy ride from Seattle, Everett Gig Harbor, etc. Anbout 5.5 hours from Anacortes unless you put the hammer down.

Another good location is Port Ludlow.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Wondering About The Lack of Post Here

Post by whwells »

joreyn: The area is nice. It is a long cruise from Anacortes & putting the hammer is a big fuel bill. If there are others making the trip perhaps we can make it an full day enjoyable run. Really not sure there will be many NW people such as Canadian's going that far south. Would be nice to hear their thoughts. May take the boat out to Neah Bay for some fishing. Not sure at this point how long that run would be back into your port. Pehaps after the Holidays their will be more imput. Lot to do next season and never enough time. Seems to me there are enough Albin people in the NW to make this happen if there is serious interests this time around.
whwells "Howard"
Anthony1013
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Anthony1013 »

I would really like to meet up with everyone except I take my boat down the coast to Ilwaco every summer. I'll keep an eye on the post and depending where it is held, perhaps I might be able to swing by and meet some of you folks.

Anthony
28' Albin "MadMoney" in Ilwaco/Seattle
CCA Member & PSA Sno-King Member
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Anthony: Can we assume you take the boat annually to Ilwaco for the fishing? If so where do you moor and how is the fishing there I am in Anacortes but the reports are poor for fishing there. Have considered going out to Neah Bay for the fishing season. The water's can be rough out of the Straits I am told.
Hopefully Dave will find enough interesrts for a Rendevous this year. I know it is early but the response is slow so far.
whwells "Howard"
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bremerton Yacht Club, Bremerton, WA USA

Post by dkircher »

Howard (whwells) and others in the Northwest,

Howard has proposed a Pacific Northwest Rendezvous for this coming August at Cap Sante in Anacortes. Our Canadian friends may find that to be a desirable location and I enjoy visiting that marina.

So please let me know if you would be interested in that location. If so, Howard has volunteered to travel to Cap Sante with me to help with the arrangements.

Let's make this the year to start rendezvous in the Northwest!
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
bmcknight
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Point Roberts WA

Post by bmcknight »

We have a 27 foot family cruiser (1983 with 61 hp Lehman-Peugeot) that we keep in Point Roberts WA. If the timing works out, it would be good fun to join the group.

We've had it for a little over 2 years, our first venture into boating - have been as far north as Cortes Island and last summer went down to Seattle through the lock and around Lake Washington. The boat runs great and we're slowly working on upgrading the cosmetics.

I haven't seen another Albin 27 trawler in our travels - does anyone know of others in this area?
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

bmchnight: Nice to have your response. We were thinking of Cape Sante in hopes it would be a mid point to draw out the Seattle Albin members as well as the Canadian members to the north. It may be a good compromise location,but we will have to see if there is an adequate reponse. I know Dave is watching to see how it goes. Would be great to have your 27' up. I know there is a 25' moored near by at Desolation Bridge on Widbey Island and the owner is from Renton. I am in contact with Pat the owner and understand he is interested.

Have a couple friends from Canada I will contact directly to see if they cana stir up some northern interests as well.

Spread the word.

whwells "Howard"
Anthony1013
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Anthony1013 »

Howard -

I do take the boat down there annually and the fishing is generally really good. I have a slip in Ilwaco on the P Dock; that is home for the better part of the summer. The Straits can be tricky but if your schedule is flexible, you will have no issues. Best times are generally earlier in the day before it heats up, the afternoon winds can be a buzz kill.

I haven't fished Neah Bay in years but I've seen plenty of reports/picture indicating the fishing is still great. I don't recall the gentleman's name but the owner of "Hang'm High" (35' TE) runs up there every spring from Seattle. He puts a hurtin on the local fish population for sure...

As for Anacortes, I think that is a great location that is for the most part, centrally located. I'll keep an eye on the thread and hopefully everything will fall into place.

Cheers!

Anthony
28' Albin "MadMoney" in Ilwaco/Seattle
CCA Member & PSA Sno-King Member
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Anthony: Thanks for the reply. What are you fishing for at Ilwaco? I am primarily interested in salmon although Ling Cod is great as well. The action for tuna is fun, but is not one of my favorite fish. Halibut is great but I don't have much experience with them.

This is tough season to know where to go. I want to do a northern cruise, but that may impact fishing which reportly is not that good until you get way north. Some say Puget Sound is pretty much fished out. I don't really know.

What are the good months where you are? I know "Hang'm High" but have not heard from him this season.
There may be a illness problem in the family - not sure about that. He has sent me some of thier fish catch and it is pretty exciting.

We are gettoing some response on the proposed rendenvous>

whwells "Howard"
bvukelich

Post by bvukelich »

My co-owners and I are based in Tacoma but I'm pretty sure we're open to any location selected by the group. At this point, August should be fine. There are 3 of us if it's just a guys only trip. Double that head count if we're bringing wives along.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Brandon: As far as I know it is family get together rather than guys only. Don't know if my wife will come up from Calif. but plan to try to have her come as well.
whwells "Howard"

Return to “Second Annual Pacific Northwest AOG Rendezvous - 2012”