• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

8th Northeast Rendezvous - 2014

jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Montauk , Long Island, NY

8th Northeast Rendezvous - 2014

Post by jointventure »

We contacted Block Island Boat Basin, they cannot take reservations until after the first of the year ( new lease period ). However they indicated there would be no problem for the Rendezvous the 3rd or 4th weekend in July. We will keep in touch.
John & Marcia
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000
jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 2014 North East Rendezvous Info

Post by jointventure »

I had previously posted that a 2014 Rendezvous at Block Island could be a possibility. Since then, Marcia and I spent three days at the Block Island Marina, which left much to be desired.
The heads and showers under the Oar Restaurant are open to the bar/restaurant crowd, moldy and require tokens (included with the dockage fee) to operate the showers (approximately 8 min. per token). There is no privacy outside of the shower stalls, no benches, no clothing hooks, no nothing.
The open area for a Saturday BBQ is a couple of uncovered picnic tables in a public area adjacent to the trash containers.
Dockage is basic with water, no cable, and extra charge for electric.
With no pool the available activities would be a long walk to town, dingy or bike to the ocean beach, or fishing.

Alternatives are:
1. Essex Island Marina - Unavailable the last two weekends of July and the 1st two weekends of August.
2. Townsend Manor Inn Marina, Greenport, NY (www.townsendinn.com) - Has July 25, 26 and 27 available.

(In light of the above unavailable dates, as a note, the possibility of Mystic Seaport or Essex Island for 2015 should be considered and reserved now.)

Unless there are major disagreements, we will reserve the July 25, 26 and 27 (Friday - Sunday) dates at Townsend Manor for 10-12 28's, 2-3 31's and 1-2 35's/40'. They will accept reservations starting January 1 thru March 1, 2014. The rate is $4.00 /ft. including electric and cable. (Check out the web site for more info.)
Townsend's has a pool with snack bar, restaurant, and is a short walk to a very active town with a wide selection of restaurants, a bayfront park and carousel and a movie theater. Rental of a tent for the grassed BBQ area is available thru the Marina for a TBD cost per boat or walk in attending.
With no objections, mark your calendars! We'll be in touch.
Marcia and John Mach
2014 Rendezvous Coordinators (by default)
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: North East Rendezvous Info and Attendance List

Post by RobS »

Aye Aye Captain. That weekend in Greenport sounds perfect !
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Post by Jack »

Greenport sounds like a very good choice. Thanks for taking this on. :D
Mpayne
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stamford CT

Post by Mpayne »

Too bad about Block; but boy do we understand the moldiness of the Boat basin showers. No thanks.

Greenport sounds interesting. Thanks for doing this yeoman work,
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: 8th Northeast Rendezvous - 2014

Post by jcollins »

John,
Thanks for taking on the job next year. I will be in touch. Sharon and I are hoping to attend.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

jcollins wrote:John,
Thanks for taking on the job next year. I will be in touch. Sharon and I are hoping to attend.
By boat, car or train? There is a Long Island Railroad station right in the Greenport Village..
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

mike66
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Warwick, RI

Post by mike66 »

Too bad about Block Island. Yes, most facilities are very dumpy (except the Library...read the daily paper and the cleanest bathroom on the island). Probably Champlin's is the only place clean enough for most people. We're always on the hook there and it is a great place to spend a quiet week going to town and the beach. You guys on the smaller boats wouldn't feel as comfortable. Hope we get out to Greenport this summer...haven't been there yet but on the list.
Mike and Sue Phillips
Warwick, RI
SUSAN HELENA 1985 40' Trawler
jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jointventure »

With the cold weather and snow we're experiencing, what better time to start your planning for the rendezvous.

Greenport's Townsend Manor Marina has been confirmed for July 25, 26, 27 at a rate of $4.00 per foot Friday - Sunday, $3.50 per foot Monday - Thursday including electric and tax.

ALL BOATS PLANNING TO ATTEND NEED TO BE REGISTERED AT TOWNSEND BY MAY 31ST IN ORDER TO INSURE DOCKAGE. (www.Townsendinn.com) Attention Scott Gonzalez. 631-477-2000.

We are planning on renting a tent with tables and chairs through the Marina and are in the process of establishing cost which will be pro-rated among the boats attending. Considering the weather at past rendezvous, this may be necessary insurance.

As in the past, Friday night would be meet and greet cocktails on the dock and possibly dinner in town or at Townsend Inn. Saturday night would be the bring your own Pot Luck Dinner with grills available for cooking, BYOB, with raffles and prizes. Day times activities include pool time, exploring the great village and carousel, (a short walk from the Marina), fishing, a raft up, etc.

We look forward to your attending - meeting new friends and re-connecting with previous rendezvousers.

John and Marcia
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

Perfect. Thank you John & Marcia.
I just called and Scott is out of town a few days so I secured his email address and emailed him
His email is: tminnres at yahoo.com. I reserved for Fri-Sun.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

dmorlo52
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New London, CT

Post by dmorlo52 »

Hello ALL,

My wife and I just purchased the Wine Down (a 35TE from Steven Osborne) she has been beautifully maintained by Steven and we look forward to the sea trial in the spring. We will be docked in New London, CT at Crocker's boat yard where we have been the last 4 years with our 1999 Osprey 24 Fisherman. The Osprey is a great boat for the Northeast due to its pilot house and economical Volvo Penta diesel. Osprey is for sale with Raymarine digital radar and C120w MFD. Will be glad to provide more info if anyone you know might be interested.

I am sure I will be asking for advice as time goes on and look forward to communicating with the Albin family.

We are certainly interested in the Rendezvous wether it be in Greenport or Block Island. Hope to meet some of you there in-person.

David & Annettte

dmorlo@aol.com
jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jointventure »

dmorlo 25
David & Annette

The Rendezvous is confirmed for Townsend Marina, Greenport (refer to previous post for the details). Note that reservations are required by 5/31 for dockage. Looking forward to seeing you there.
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000
dmorlo52
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New London, CT

Post by dmorlo52 »

Thanks John we will register at appropriate time.

David
Wine Down
35TE 2005
Serenity
In Memorium
Home Port: East Islip Anglers, New York

Post by Serenity »

Serenity is booked already. Our daughter is getting married the weekend before so I think the first mate and I will need a little r&r
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
East Islip, Long Island, New York
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

RobS wrote:
jcollins wrote:John,
By boat, car or train? There is a Long Island Railroad station right in the Greenport Village..
Boat or car. Made reservations today.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “Eighth Annual Northeast Rendezvous - 2014”