• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Pre-Rendezvous Planning Meeting

Coordinators: Dave Kircher (dkicher) and Howard Wells (whwells)
http://www.rocheharbor.com/
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bremerton Yacht Club, Bremerton, WA USA

Pre-Rendezvous Planning Meeting

Post by dkircher »

Greetings Pacific NW Albin Owners,

Last year we met at the Seattle Boat Show on a Friday evening for dinner. We shared Albin stories, reminisced about the last rendezvous and brainstormed ideas for the next rendezvous. That approach not only was great fun, but also helped us prepare for an upcoming rendezvous.

The Seattle Boat Show goes from January 24 - February 2, 2014. Based upon a very limited survey of owners, we suggest meeting at 5:00 pm or so at a nearby restaurant on January 31, 2014. I suggest Elysian Stadium District Brewpub (542 1st Ave S, Seattle). It is right across the street from the show and, based upon an indepth analysis by your previous rendezvous team, this place is great.

At this year's rendezvous we discussed the idea of anchoring off of MarkV's Lopez Island family property. Not quite as convenient as a marina. However, it is an inviting idea. So whether you are attending the boat show event or not, please let us know if you like the Lopez Island venue. We received feedback this year that our rendezvous was too late for some boaters. How does August sound to everyone?

I am still reluctant to remain as your rendezvous coordinator. Is anyone willing to step up to the challenge this year knowing that you'll get lots of help from me and our previous rendezvous team? : :)
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Re: Pre-Rendezvous Planning Meeting

Post by joreyn »

Anchoring out might present some challenges, but there are two good marinas in Fisherman's Bay. Alternatively, if we wanted to go to Winslow, Poulsbo or Kingston, I can offer support, transportation, etc. If Kingston appeals, I can arrange the use of the yacht club, which is a very nice facility.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
sharffj
First Mate
First Mate

Post by sharffj »

Dave,
Seattle on Friday, Jan 31 works for us.

Jeff S
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Jim Colllins: Wondering if you might be able to work in & attend the NW Rendeezvous this summer. Your appearance and imput would be the high light of the event.

whwells "Howard"
2006 35te Sportfisher/Flybridge
Last edited by whwells on Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Dave: As we have previously discussed Fri. Jan 31 works for me as well. Will get up to Anacortes to check out Nibbles before the 31st.

Howard
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

whwells wrote:Jim Colllins: Wondering if you might be able to work in & attend the NW Rendeezvous this summer. Your appearance and imput would be the high light of the event.

whwells "Howard"
2006 35te Sportfisher/Flybridge
Good morning Howard,
Thanks for your kind words.

Although I have already committed to the NE rendezvous and of course the Chesapeake, I have learned to never say never.

Merry Christmas!
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Binford
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Port Orchard, WA

Post by Binford »

whwells wrote:Binford: Wondering if you will make the Pre Rendevzous meet at the Seattle Boat Show. Hope you can join us. Dave has posted details as to time and place in the Pac. NW Rendevzous section.
Howard, I'm humbled that you would think to invite me. I've been following this thread and had considered paying you guys a visit. I'll have to see about getting my Glasply homies to plan for that day at the boat show too! (Two birds, one stone, that sort of thing....) Or better yet, perhaps this year I could go more than one day!

I would very much enjoy having a fabulous Elysian IPA with a great group of PNW boaters! Thanks for the invite!
-- Tim Taylor
1980 Glasply 19-1/2' cuddy hardtop w/Mercruiser 470 I/O
1982 Glasply 16' runabout w/ 2-stroke 50hp Mercury O/B
Quiet admirer, and possible future owner, of an Albin 27FC
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

We will expect you. You may contact me on the private message if you would like a cell number to find us at the show.
whwells "Howard"
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Pre-Rendezvous Planning Meeting - new date and time

Post by dkircher »

Greetings NW Albin Owners,

Howard, Pat and I have been discussing this year's pre-rendezvous planning meeting and dinner.

Some schedule conflicts have necessitated proposing a new date. We hope to meet at either the Brew Pub or FX McCroy's at 6:00 pm on January 24th. Does that work for folks?

Please let me know either by PM, posting here or by email: d2kircher[at]msn.com. Remember that we can't post real email addresses here, so just substitute the "at" symbol in the above email address. As soon as we get some replies I'll make reservations. Please indicate if you prefer McCroy's or the Brew Pub.

I hope you are able to join us this year. Remember too that you can get a small discount on your boat show tickets if you buy them on line through BoatUS.

Cheers, Dave Kircher
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
Markv
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Suburban Edison, Washington

Post by Markv »

January 24th is OK for Nancy and me, prefer Brew Pub.
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by joreyn »

Dave, et al,

Carol and I would not be able to make the 24th. Sorry.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dkircher »

John,

Sorry that you and Carol can't make it. Any more thoughts about the 2014 rendezvous timing and location? I have heard that late July is preferred. Does that work for you?
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by joreyn »

Late July sounds good.

As far as location, I reccomend picking a place:
1. that is central for likely attendees
2. that has good docks and shoreside amenities

Bell Harbor, Shilshole, Poulsbo, Langley, Point Hudson, and Kingston all seem to be good fits. Point Hudson was great last year. Langley is completing their major overhaul of their marina which is going to make it much more feasible for groups.

I could go for Lopez or Friday Harbor as well, but that's quite a run for folks from the South Sound, unless it coincides with other cruising plans.

If you want to try Kingston, I am a member of the Kingston Cove Yacht Club, and a past Fleet Captain. I would be happy to arrange the use of their facility which is very nice. Can also provide local transportation.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
Gmschuler
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Edmonds

Post by Gmschuler »

My wife, Stephanie and I should be able to make it on the 24th.

Greg
Blue Heron
Greg & Stephanie Schuler
2002 31 TE
Blue Heron
Port of Edmonds
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dkircher »

Greg,

Glad to hear that you and Stephanie will be able to join us. Please see separate post below for final pre-rendezvous planning meeting information.

Cheers,
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner

Return to “Fourth Annual Pacific Northwest Rendezvous - 2014”