• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

8th Northeast Rendezvous - 2014

mike66
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Warwick, RI

Re: 8th Northeast Rendezvous - 2014

Post by mike66 »

Is there any anchorage available close by, or a mooring field?
Mike and Sue Phillips
Warwick, RI
SUSAN HELENA 1985 40' Trawler
jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Montauk , Long Island, NY

Post by jointventure »

Yes there is a mooring field - I don't know who controls it.
Suggest you contact Sterling Harbor Marina and/or Brewers.

Of course you are welcome to join the fleet on the dock.
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Mitchell Park controls those morrings. Availability depends on how many seasonals are gone.
Here is a screen shot from Active Captain. Green are anchorages or moorings. Red are marinas.
Several of my frineds go to Deering Harbor to Piccozzi's and take the ferry across to Greenport for the day/evening.
I don't know if I would trust the anchoring as it is very busy thru that area.
Greenport.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

I wouldn't sleep to well on the hook there, way too much traffic (drunks from Claudio's, etc) and the current is strong. The moorings in Dering Harbor via Piccozzi's or Jack's Marine (True Value Hardware) are what we opt for in that area. But that's a bit much for a dinghy ride over to Townsend's unless you have a 13' whaler or something of the like, definitely not a 8' zodiac with a 2hp Honda! We anchor out in Pipe's Cove to the West (the green 44 in Jay's map) or Orient Harbor to the East (way East, off Jay's map) which are nice sheltered out of the way spots but again that is far from Townsend's. For convenience to the rendezvous at Townsend's I am thinking that the mooring's inside Stirling Harbor are really the best option.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

Looking forward to catching up with everyone and meeting new attendees!

Gery
Resolution 28TE
Gery, Anne, Marissa and Gabby.
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Post by Jack »

We will be able to attend the first afternoon and evening events on Friday but unfortunately have a conflict for the following day. I am on the regatta committee at the Essex Yacht Club and we are hosting the Rum Challenge, our biggest sailing event of the year, on Saturday. (I'm still trying to figure out how you can call those speeds a "race". Like, "my 3.9 knots beat your 3.8 knots????") We're looking forward to seeing everyone. :lol: (Kokomo)
jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jointventure »

As of May 31st, the closing date for guaranteed availability for dockage reservations at Townsend Inn Marina, we have 15 boats and 2 by land - a good showing.

If anyone has missed making their reservation and would still like to attend, call Scott Gonzalez at the Marina (631-477-2000) post haste for possible slip availability.

Should a slip not be available, alternate possibilities would be:
- Brewer's Stirling Harbor Marina 631-477-0828
- Brewer's Yacht Yard at Greenport 631-477-9594.
Both are a short dinghy ride across the creek to Townsend's or a reasonable walk around.

Also there is Mitchell Park Marina, 631-477-2200, downtown at the Carousel, also a reasonable walk.

Of course, there is also staying landside.

Whatever your plans, please let us know. We look forward to seeing everyone.
John and Marcia
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Heard back from Scott today. Sonny will be there!

But no, the Admiral won't. :( Still have a conflict with the Club clambake where she's at the center of lobster pit activities. I'll bring a life size cardboard version and pose around the marina with "her"!

She really does exist!!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jointventure »

FINAL RENDEZVOUS DETAILS JULY 25, 26 & 27

Everything is ready for a great Eighth Rendezvous at Townsend Manor Inn Marina Friday through Sunday. For our convenience, Scott has clustered most of our boats together on the floating dock.

Our well decorated tent (for the inclement weather that usually finds us) will be located on the lawn between the docks and the pool, and will be available for the Friday night “Meet and Greet” get together cocktail party (Rum Punch and BYOB and hors d’oeuvres). Be sure to come and pick up your “Welcome Packet” with all kinds of information. Friday night dinner, depending on the whim of the evening, could be at the Inn, in town, or on your own, or whatever everyone prefers to do.

Saturday activities are open to choice: pool time, fishing, touring town, shopping/browsing art galleries, antique shops, boutique or regular shops, restaurants and ice cream shops, Farmer’s Market, and of course, riding the marvelous Carousel at Mitchell Park.

There is plenty to do in Greenport this weekend, starting with a FREE Band Concert Friday night 7:30 at Mitchell Park. Also FREE performances of Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer’s Night Dream” by Northeast Stage Company will be Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings at 7:00 pm at Mitchell Park. The Greenport Farmer’s Market with be Saturday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm behind the Methodist Church at 624 Main Street (First Street between Broad and North Streets). Check out the Greenport web site and calendar.

Saturday 5:30 pm starts the traditional big BYOB Pot Luck Dinner with more BYO ho’d’s and cocktails, dinner featuring each boat’s specialty dish, raffles (to cover the cost of the tent and se-up), prizes, etc. under the tent, with the grills fired up for whatever needs grilling. Past experience has exhibited some really marvelous ho’d’s, side dishes, entrees and desserts!

Sunday is wind down day: coffee and readying for departure, but still time for the pool or fishing on your way home – or stay for Shakespeare and dinner out!

So bring your good spirits, your favorite hors d’oeuvres and great dishes and drinks and let’s enjoy the comraderie and a great weekend!
John and Marcia
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000
Captppan
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Bellport NY

Post by Captppan »

Hi,

I'm not an Albin owner yet but hope to be soon. I ran into an Albin 28' owner over the weekend while staying on Shelter Island and they told me about the Rendezbous.

I'd love to come and say hello if you think that would be ok, when would be best?

I've only looked at 31's so far but I'm leaning towards a 28 newport thats up in Maine. Would love to get some first hand knowledge.

Thanks

Jamie
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

Hi Jaime
That was me and my family you met on Shelter Island. It was nice meeting you! I'm sure the group would love to answer any questions you might have regarding the 28s and 31s.

Gery
Resolution 28TE
Gery, Anne, Marissa and Gabby.
Captppan
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Bellport NY

Post by Captppan »

It was great to meet you guys!! Thanks for all the information.

I'm hopeing to be an owner very soon.

Jamie
jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jointventure »

IMG_2720[1].JPG
IMG_2723[1].JPG
IMG_2724[1].JPG
IMG_2728[1].JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000
jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jointventure »

IMG_2706[1].JPG
IMG_2712[1].JPG
IMG_2675[1].JPG
IMG_2672[1].JPG
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000
jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jointventure »

IMG_2716[1].JPG
IMG_2718[1].JPG
IMG_2677[1].JPG
IMG_2690[1].JPG
IMG_2687[1].JPG
IMG_2691[1].JPG
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000

Return to “Eighth Annual Northeast Rendezvous - 2014”