• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

FINAL RENDEZVOUS INFORMATION AND DETAILS - Important Update

tinsley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: CAMBRIDGE, MD

FINAL RENDEZVOUS INFORMATION AND DETAILS - Important Update

Post by tinsley »

Lets all get ready for the Chesapeake Albin Rendezvous at the Cambridge, MD Yacht Club on the beautiful Choptank
River. It will begin Friday June 20, 2014, and continue Saturday and Sunday.

On Friday night we will have a get together in the gazebo which is right by our slips. The gazebo is
located on the dock, it has a roof in case of inclement weather, a bar with stools and tables and grill.

On Saturday morning we will be having a talk by Bayrd Taylor who is the new owner of an Albin 28,
FRIEND SHIP, he has just taken his first long trip down the Inland Waterway, and should be back
just in time for the rendezvous.

On Saturday afternoon, everyone should bring a covered dish for our cookout.

On Saturday evening at the Yacht Club, there will be an excellent 60's rock and roll band called The
Golden Touch- they are the best band on the Eastern Shore, and we are all welcome to come
to the club, have dinner and drinks, or just come for the dance band.

There are many sights to see in Cambridge, most of which are within walking distance.. There are about five
restaurants within a few blocks, and lots of things to see.. I am going to make up a walking map for
those not familiar with Cambridge.

Please be sure and call Linda, CYC Manager, at 410 228 2141 to make your slip reservation.. It will
be $1.50 per foot and $5. for 20 amp electric per day.

Remember these slips are all 40' and 50' slips, so bring some long dock lines to make it easier to
tie up.

Please give me a call on my Verizon cell at 410 228 8888 if you have any questions,

Tinsley & Cheryl Meekins
TOWER POWER Albin 28
Tower Power
tinsley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: CHESAPEAKE RENDEZVOUS INFORMATION AND DETAILS

Post by tinsley »

Everything is a "go" for our Chesapeake Rendezvous this weekend, Friday thru Sunday, 6-20-14 to
6-22-14 at the Cambridge Yacht Club on the Choptank River.

The slips we will be using are directly in front of the club house. There is a large flagpole in front of the
club house that is easy to spot. These slips are all 40' and 50' slips, so be sure to bring some extra long
dock lines.

Friday at 5 PM we will be having a "bring your own cocktail" party at the gazebo.

Saturday at 11 AM we will be having an interesting talk from one of our new Albin members, Bayard Taylor.
He and his wife Gladys, have just returned from a 6 week shake down cruise on their newly purchased
Albin 28. They cruised all the way down to Charleston, SC and just got back this week. They kept a daily
log of their adventures, and have agreed to share their experiences with us.

Saturday at noon we will have our covered dish cook out at the gazebo.
The Albin Club will supply the hamburgers, hot dogs, water and soft drinks.
Members can provide the side dishes and desserts.

Saturday afternoon, you can enjoy walking downtown historic Cambridge. I am going to make up a walking
map with interesting things to see, and will list the six restaurants that are within walking distance. If you would
like to take a short boat ride, the Chesapeake Hyatt is only a mile up river from the Yacht Club. The Choptank River
continues for another 40 miles all the way up to Denton, MD, and has deep water all the way.

Saturday evening at the Yacht Club, a fabulous 60's rock and roll band, The Golden Touch, will be playing
and all are invited to attend. You can have dinner and drinks at the Yacht Club as well.. It is good to make
a dinner reservation by calling 410 228 2141.

Sunday morning at the gazebo, we will be serving coffee and doughnuts.

The Yacht Club has bathrooms, with showers that will be open all night.

Please give me a call with any questions,

Tinsley & Cheryl Meekins
TOWER POWER
410 228 8888
Tower Power
GoFish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: FINAL RENDEZVOUS INFORMATION AND DETAILS - This Weekend

Post by GoFish »

Hi Tinsley,
We had a bit of a conflict for this weekend. We will probably still join everyone on Saturday, but might end up coming by car, or just docking the boat for the day.

Earl and Katie Carlo
"Go Fish"
tinsley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: FINAL RENDEZVOUS INFORMATION AND DETAILS - This Weekend

Post by tinsley »

IMPORTANT NOTICE ! 6-18-14, BRING AN ELECTRICAL ADAPTER WITH YOU THAT GOES FROM
110V MALE ( LIKE YOUR HOUSE HOLD OUTLET) TO 30 AMP FEMALE

I just found out today at the Cambridge Yacht Club, all the 50' slips only have a 50 amp socket, and a
20 amp female AC plug like you would have in your house... So if you have an adapter, bring it with you .I have 4 of them I can lend out. If you don't have one, its not a big deal, we will just put you in a 30' slip nearby that has
a normal 30 amp outlet like most of us are used to.

I will be at the Yacht Club most of the day on Friday, and will monitor CH 16, the we can switch over to 72
for docking instructions, or give me a call on my Verizon cell at 410 228 8888 when you get close to Cambridge

Tinsley & Cheryl Meekins
TOWER POWER
Tower Power

Return to “Eighth Annual Chesapeake Rendezvous - 2014”