• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Rendezvous 2015

Coordinator: Tinsley Meekins and Lou Bennett
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Rendezvous 2015

Post by loubennett »

Thanks to Tinsley Meekins, we will have the Chesapeake Rendezvous at Cambridge Yacht Club again this year (June 19-21). Cambridge Yacht Club was a wonderful host last year, providing us access to the yacht club facilities. Especially nice is the gazebo bar on the dock, which is an excellent spot for the pot luck cookout. For those who couldn't make it last year, Cambridge Yacht Club is within walking distance to many restaurants, bars and shops in addition to the bar and restaurant at the club. The marina is excellent and has space where we can put our group close together.

We will generally follow the same format as we have in the past with arrival Friday afternoon, cocktails on the dock, followed by breaking into groups for dinner at the club or a restaurant in town. Saturday will feature the pot luck cookout and (hopefully) a guest speaker. Sunday will be a leisurely departure.

Put the date on your calendar (June 19-21). We will be posting details about reservations and other things soon. The AOG Rendezvous is always a fun event providing an opportunity for Albin owners to meet, socialize, and swap sea stories. Hope to see you there.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Re: Rendezvous 2015

Post by Carl »

Lou, thanks for posting this, I was wondering what the date was and wanted to get my vacation time in. I will be off that week anyways tuna fishing in NC. Should be getting back in time to at least make it there late Friday or early Saturday. Looking forward to seeing everyone!
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Oh I would so like to be there! We are going to be on the Chesapeake this summer out of Nanticoke River YC, not far from Cambridge. But we're also due to be in Weekapaug, RI June 6th thru 13th at least (trailering our Albin 25 "La Dolce Vita" from Peoria, AZ.) We know some people in NRYC at the marina in Blades, DE where my late stepdad was a member before he passed in 2011. But we're also stopping & cruising for a few days on Barnegat Bay, NJ before driving down to Seaford, DE. The maritime museum in St. Michaels is also hosting an antique and wooden boat show that same weekend you're talking about Cambridge.

It is possible we could make it down there by June 19, but would be cutting it close since we want to do some cruising up in New England too. We also plan a few days on the Erie Canal on the way to Rhode Island. Friends of ours own a vacation rental beach house in Weekapaug and have invited us and several others to spend the 2nd week of June there. Since they usually don't book up until later in June or early July, they have that week free to invite friends.

I've done a Chesapeake Rendezvous before with Montgomery pocket cruiser sailboats back in 2002 when I trailered a Monty 15 out from Arizona Would be interested to know of any other Albin 25's on the Delmarva peninsula.

Last summer we met up with the Pacific NW Albin rendezvous in Roche Harbor on San Juan Island.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Nepidae
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essington, PA

Post by Nepidae »

We also would like to be considering the Cambridge Rendezvous but I have twins graduating from college on that weekend, in Massachusetts, so we will not be able to attend.
Calm seas,

Charles

Jane & Charles Williamson
m/v Nepidae
Albin 43 Sundeck
Nepidae.trawler@gmail.com
MTOA-3927
AGLCA - 12114 (ret)
Currently: On the Loop
crowra
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Full time cruiser

Post by crowra »

Sharon and I are planning on going and will be glad to host happy hour Friday (if we get there in time). Anyone transiting Knapps Narrows be careful. There are reports the shoaling in the channel has gotten worse -- especially around no. 4 (west side of Tilghman). Shake hands with the Osprey or (I've read) go on the 'wrong' side of no. 4.
Ka'Why Knot
Rob & Sharon Crow
1987 36' Double Cabin
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Hey Rob, saw you and Sharon leaving F dock last weekend. I waved but I guess you were busy with barking orders from the bridge! Looking forward to seeing everyone!!
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
crowra
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Full time cruiser

Post by crowra »

Hey Carl - Sorry we missed you. We were making our maiden voyage back to Herrington South after being on the hard all Winter. Good one on barking orders from the bridge! It's more like the orders get barked to me. See ya in a couple of months.
Ka'Why Knot
Rob & Sharon Crow
1987 36' Double Cabin

Return to “Ninth Annual Chesapeake Rendezvous - 2015”