• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

CAMBRIDGE YACHT CLUB JUNE 19-21, 2015

Coordinator: Tinsley Meekins and Lou Bennett
tinsley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: CAMBRIDGE, MD

CAMBRIDGE YACHT CLUB JUNE 19-21, 2015

Post by tinsley »

All is " a go" for the Cambridge Yacht Club on the Choptank River on June 19-21st, 2015.

Please call club manager, Ms Linda Dayton at 410 228 2141 to reserve your slip.
Slip rental is only $1.50 per foot and electric is $6 for 20 amp and $12 for 50 amp service.

We have reserved a large group of slips all in one line in front of the gazebo for our group.
These are slips normally rented to 40'-50' boats, so bring some extra long dock lines.
We are one of the few yacht clubs we visit where we can put all of our beautiful Albin
boats all together in one place...

I have arranged and paid for a really good 60's - 70's rock and roll dance band for Saturday
night, June 20th.. They are called The Golden Touch, and they play the kind of up beat music
we all grew up with. Before the band on Saturday, the yacht club will offer a buffet dinner in
the same room.

Please feel free to give me a call, text or email with any questions, or anything I can help you with.

Tinsley & Cheryl Meekins
cell 410 228 8888
tinsley@towerleasing.biz

TOWER POWER Albin 28TE
Tower Power
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: CAMBRIDGE YACHT CLUB JUNE 19-21, 2-15

Post by jcollins »

A band too? Way to go Tinsley. I am looking forward to it. Let us know how much we should donate to cover expense.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: CAMBRIDGE YACHT CLUB JUNE 19-21, 2-15

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

We are enroute from AZ with our A25 in tow as I write this, currently stopped for the night in Morris, IL, West of Chicago. After a 5 or 6 day cruise on the Erie Canal and a week in Rhode Island we hope to be at the Nanticoke River YC near Seaford, DE by the 19th of June in time for NRYC's regular Friday night dinner. Hopefully we'll have a chanch to drive over to Cambridge & say hi on Saturday or Sunday but won't have time to get there by boat.

Anybody up for cruising up the Potomac to DC in time for 4th of July? Because that's our plan.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Remedy322
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Knapps Narrows, Tilghman, MD

Re: CAMBRIDGE YACHT CLUB JUNE 19-21, 2015

Post by Remedy322 »

Hey Dersertalbin,
We just returned from a trip up the Potomac to DC, had a great experience, hope you can make, willing to share!
Dave And Jean
Remedy
Sanatee
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Solomons Island

Post by Sanatee »

We had a great time Tinsley! Thanks for all you did to arrange this and provide great food and entertainment. Thanks too for the CYC hospitality.

Hearing Louis from Composite Yachts was bittersweet! I checked my hull Awlgrip invoice from 2003 and I payed about double what they charge now....almost cried!! So it was really worthwhile to learn about him.
Mike and Carol
1996 32+2 CB "Sanatee"

Solomons Island MD
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Sorry we couldn't make it to Cambridge in time. Tied up visiting friends in Lewes & getting the boat launched in Blades, DE. Have modified plans & decided not to try making it to DC. Instead we left the Nanticoke marina on Monday, 6/22 & made it to Bivalve the first night, thence crossed over to Solomons on Tuesday. Took a slip in Spring Cove Marina for Tuesday night & rode out that big storm safe & sound. Weds we headed up the Patuxent to St. Leonards Creek and anchored for the night in Johns Creek near Vera's White Sands Beach Club. Had hoped to have dinner at Vera's, but they are closed on Mon, Tues, & Weds. So yesterday 6/25 we went on up to Broome's Island for lunch at Stoney's then returned and booked a slip at Vera's where we are now. Thursday nights they have a crab special, 1 dozen steamed crabs for $36, so we pigged out on crab & have 5 crabs leftover for later.

Another T-storm & rain last night, but not as rough as the one on Tues night. Cooled things off though, 70 deg this morning. Better than the 114 degrees back home in AZ this week. Will head over to Mill Creek later today & refuel, as we have run 100 miles and put 20 hours on the engine, so we are down 8 to 10 gallons from a full tank of 20 gallons.

Sloppy weather expected over the weekend, so next Mon or Tues when the Bay calms down we may head over to Oxford & Cambridge & St. Michaels. We have no A/C on the boat, just fans, so when it gets up toward 90 it gets pretty uncomfortable, & a long slog up to DC at 6 kts might not be our idea of fun after all.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Well here we are at Cambridge Yacht Club. Only missed the Albin rendezvous by 10 days. Came over from Calvert marina in Solomons yesterday. Easy crossing, light winds and waves less than 1 ft. Blowing 8 to 10 knots today. Heading up river to Suicide Bridge Restaurant in Secretary later for lunch. Suicide Bridge was my late Mom's favorite place for dinner.

Noticed 2 Albin 28's here in the club marina, "Tower Power" and "Noodle". Will be hanging around the area and gunkholing the rest of this week, maybe run up to St. Michaels & come back here for 4th of July. All depending on weather of course, before we head back to Blades.

So far used 10 gallons of diesel going down the Nanticoke from Blades, DE to Solomons &up St. Leonards Creek to Vera's, thence up the Patuxent to Battle Creek & back to Solomons, about 125 NM in all. Then 3 or 4 more gallons from Solomons to Cambridge.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F

Return to “Ninth Annual Chesapeake Rendezvous - 2015”