• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Let's get this party started!

Coordinator: Douglas Campbell (DougSea)
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Let's get this party started!

Post by DougSea »

Hey guys and gals!

We're not exactly burning down the house here. The rendezvous is but a month away and there aren't many who've actually made their reservations.

There have been requests for a more detailed list of activities and such, but without higher participation I'm going to be hard pressed to formalize anything. So, if you're planning on going - get your reservation in and let me know! :)

Hoping to hear from some old hands and some newbies! Essex is a beautiful little town and I'm confident you'll be glad you came!

Doug
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Re: Let's get this party started!

Post by Jack »

We will attend but our boat is at Essex Yacht Club very close by. I didn't figure on getting a slip. I could if Brewer needs a certain number.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

Jack wrote:We will attend but our boat is at Essex Yacht Club very close by. I didn't figure on getting a slip. I could if Brewer needs a certain number.
Thanks for the reply Jack. Brewer hasn't mentioned any need for a particular number - but it does make docktail hour more interesting the more boats are on the dock!

Just glad you'll be attending! Is there a Mrs. Jack? :) We'll get you on our list.
Doug
Sonny IV
dmorlo52
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New London, CT

Post by dmorlo52 »

Doug,

We will contact Brewer's today to reserve slip for AOG weekend.

David and Annette
Wine Down35TE
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

dmorlo52 wrote:Doug,

We will contact Brewer's today to reserve slip for AOG weekend.

David and Annette
Wine Down35TE
Excellent! Happy to hear you're attending!
Doug
Sonny IV
JerseyNSC40
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mantoloking, NJ

Post by JerseyNSC40 »

Sorry Doug but we have sold Highlander and will not be attending. New owner is keeping name and will be at the Bay Head Yacht Club, I have encouraged them to join, etc. they said they did?

Going back to a smaller fishing boat, will miss the Rendezvous was always a good time.
Craig
AlbinNSC40
Craig
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

Life goes on...

Not too sure what the turnout is going to be at the rendezvous, but Kathy and I are really looking forward to seeing any and all who make it to Essex this weekend.

With the recent tragedy in our family I'm sure you all understand that Kathy and I have been pretty consumed by family matters. That said we're striving to do our best to ensure that the crew has an enjoyable, long weekend ( it's much nicer to think about!). We plan on arriving in the early afternoon Friday and will start "docktails" promptly at 5. (UK time, ET, whatever).

The Saturday potluck will be very much potluck. I'm trying to talk Kathy into making the "AOG traditional" Bok Choy salad, not certain what we'll do for an entire, but we'll be ready to share.

If anyone has any questions or needs help just give me a call on my cell. (Spelled out to avoid web crawlers from getting it!)

2 zero 3
Nine Eight Four
Nine eight eight nine

See you all soon
Doug
Sonny IV

Return to “Ninth Annual Northeast Rendezvous -2015”