• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

NE Rendezvous 2015 - Time to make your reservations

Coordinator: Douglas Campbell (DougSea)
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

NE Rendezvous 2015 - Time to make your reservations

Post by DougSea »

Hi all!

Sorry that I haven't been updating you as much as I'm sure you'd like. New job with lots of travel has me in beautiful downtown Richmond Virginia 5 days a week. (It really is quite beautiful!) I'm looking forward to connecting with old and new AOG friends. And don't forget - you're welcome with or without an Albin! We'd love to see those owner emeritus members, those with Albins, and those who are just "friends" of these great boats.

We are confirmed at Essex Island. This year we will be on the "river side" of the facility, and we should all be together as long as you get your reservation in soon. Please contact them directly to reserve your spot, either online at http://www.byy.com/CTMarinas/EssexIslan ... quest.aspx or by calling them at (860) 767-2483. If you use the online system make sure you put "AOG NE" in the comments section.

There will be more details coming soon, but following our traditions we'll have informal "docktail" time on Friday evening for those who make it then, with a pot-luck dinner on Saturday.

Please feel free to comment below to let us know that you're coming and I'll add you to the list.

Attending
Doug and Kathy Campbell - 2006 35 TE FLybridge - Sonny IV - Friday - Sunday
Ernie and Camille Odierna - 1986 Albin 43’ Sundeck - BLAST

Best!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
AveLibre
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Westerly, RI

Re: NE Rendezvous 2015 - Time to make your reservations

Post by AveLibre »

Hi Doug,
What are the dates of the Rendezvous? I am looking to purchase a CB 32+2 and would enjoy the opportunity to meet some current owners and learn more about the boats.
Zan Miller
Westerly, Rhode Island
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

AveLibre wrote:Hi Doug,
What are the dates of the Rendezvous? I am looking to purchase a CB 32+2 and would enjoy the opportunity to meet some current owners and learn more about the boats.
Zan Miller
Westerly, Rhode Island
Hi Zan,

August 7 - 9. Check back here as we get closer to the date, we'll have an updated list of attendees and their boats.
Doug
Sonny IV
Ernieo1
Mate
Mate
Home Port: City Island, NY

Post by Ernieo1 »

Camille and I plan on being there. Looking forward to it. Just made reservations at the marina.
Expect we’ll be at Block July 29 to August 1.

Ernie Odierna
BLAST 1986 Albin 43’ Sundeck
Twin Volvo TAMD40B (165hp)
City Island, NY
ENDURANCE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ENDURANCE »

Hi All,

We would love to see everyone if you'll still have us! ENDURANCE was sold in April. Doug-you may see her out your way, now resides at Old Greenwich YC. We weren't looking for another boat but another 'lady' crossed our path in the fall who caught our eye. It has been a please to be part of this group. Right now scheduled to work that weekend but we will try to stop by by car or boat at some point. Best wishes to all!
Garth & Kim
ENDURANCE
2005 28 TE Flush Deck
Clinton, CT
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

ENDURANCE wrote:Hi All,

We would love to see everyone if you'll still have us! ENDURANCE was sold in April. Doug-you may see her out your way, now resides at Old Greenwich YC. We weren't looking for another boat but another 'lady' crossed our path in the fall who caught our eye. It has been a please to be part of this group. Right now scheduled to work that weekend but we will try to stop by by car or boat at some point. Best wishes to all!
You guys are always welcome! I'll have to keep an eye out for her when I head down to Greenwich next. Hopefully you gave the new owner directions to AOG and maybe we'll see ENDURANCE as well. :)

Keep in touch!
Doug
Sonny IV
neilrewiredvt
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Plunder Bay Marina (on Lake Champlain) Orwell, VT

Post by neilrewiredvt »

Doug,
Frank C. and I have been testing the waters a bit regarding the rendezvous. I note that I am only about 2 hours by road from here down to Essex. We also have a very loose Albin group of 3 of us here in southern VT.
We all are trying to figure out just how much effort we want to make to get there and a lot depends on whether there will be other 25 owners and just what "activities" are planned. I did see that there is the docktail party Friday and then a Potluck? supper Saturday. Is there anything planned for Saturday or Sunday. (Workshops, Q&A sessions, organized cruise, parade, dunking pond, ping pong beer gathering??????????) Is it appropriate to bring along various Albin pieces and parts for swap or sale?

Please feel free to contact me off list if you want.. neil@techmastervt.com

Thanks and looking forward to possibly bringing all or part of the Vermont group for some meet-up.

Neil Manders
1970 Albin 25
Brattleboro, Vt
dmorlo52
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New London, CT

Post by dmorlo52 »

Wine Down has made a reservation for Essex Aug.7-9. Hope to see a lot of AOG's there.

David and Annette
35TE

Return to “Ninth Annual Northeast Rendezvous -2015”