• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2015 Rendezvous

Coordinator: John Reynolds (joreyn)
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

2015 Rendezvous

Post by joreyn »

Truthfully, I was "volunteered" to serve as the rendezvous coordinator for this coming summer when I stepped away from the gathering in Roche Harbor. NEVER STEP AWAY WHEN ASSIGNMENTS ARE BEING HANDED OUT! REALLY! They'll pull this stunt every time!

Actually, it's probably time for someone to spell Howard and Dave a bit, so I don't mind. I'm hoping that I'll get a little help with all of the communication, and Dave has already started organizing our planning meeting in conjunction with the Seattle Boat Show.

What I did volunteeer was to organize the rendezvous in Kingston, WA. This is a very central location, and also a popular jumping off spot for extended cruising. Excellent facilities (nothing measures up to Roche Harbor,though), and we'll have access to the KingstonCove Yacht Club for function(s). The Port of Kingston has an electric car available to marina guests for those trips to the grocery store or the excellent hardware store.

There is a really good Farmers market, usually with live entertainment, on Saturdays. I'm going to tentatively reseve the Yacht Club for a couple of July weekends, and then I'll firm it up after the planning meeting.

A couple of friends of mine have the Old Goats Barbecue Society, and I've had preliminary conversations with one of them about doing a pig roast (probably along with some brisket or chicken for those who are not pig eaters). I'll also book 15 slips in the marina shortly.

I invite you to review the following web sites.

portofkingston.org

www.kcyc.org

Kingstonfarmersmarket.com

As mentioned, this is a great jumping off spot for extended cruising. If you've never done it, consider continuing South into the South Sound. It's really nice, and a little less crowded that the san Juans in summer. Or if you are going North, Langley (on Whidbey island), Port Ludlow, and Port Townsend are with easy reach.

Let me know if there are questions.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bremerton Yacht Club, Bremerton, WA USA

Re: 2015 Rendezvous

Post by dkircher »

John,

Thanks for stepping up. I understand that Howard is ready to help with the communications, as am I.

I'll post a separate announcement about our planning meeting at the Seattle Boat Show in January 2015. In addition, I am prepared to post rendezvous details as they unfold and collect data for the marina. Although I forgot it for the 2014 event, I'll be sure to have the AOG banner ready for 2015.

Sincerely,
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member

2015 Rendezvous Planning Meeting

Post by dkircher »

Ahoy Pacific Northwest Albin Owners, past, present and future,

As we have done the last couple of years, I suggest an informal dinner near the Seattle Boat Show. The purpose is to enjoy the company of an extraordinary group of owners and to discuss plans for the next rendezvous.

This year's show runs from January 23 through February 1, 2015: http://www.seattleboatshow.com. I like to attend on opening day because the vendors are more energized. So how about saving the evening of January 23rd for our other annual event?

When we get closer to the time, I'll make reservations at the close-by brewpub everyone seemed to like. If you have other thoughts about a location please share them.

As the subject says, all Albin fans are welcome. If you might be an owner in the future, join us.

Calm seas,
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

John & Carol: You will be great. Thanks for stepping up. Plan to attend even if a boat is not yet located. Should be okay by that time. So will be happy along with Dave to participate with you in making it happen. making We have had three great events and your location will continue the tradition.
whwells "Howard"
Last edited by whwells on Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MadMoney
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seattle Washington

Post by MadMoney »

Kingston is not Roche Harbor but it's my favorite spot to hit close to Seattle. I love it over there!

The breakfast burrito at the Farmer's Market is money!
The Kingston Ale House, great eats and super entertaining Karaoke.
The coffee stand at the top of the marina has great espresso plus you get a discount when you stay in the marina!
The staff is super friendly and always lend a helping hand when needed.

John is lucky enough to call this his homeport.... I must have stayed there at least 15 nights this past summer.

Good times!

Anthony
28' Albin - MadMoney
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

MAD MONEY: Sounds great. Can I come without a boat? The search is not good so far.
whwells "Howard"
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by joreyn »

Of course you can. But carol said to tell you that you have to bring Pat.

I am betting you'll have a boat by then. If not, we'll help you find accommodations.

Joreyn
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

John: Of course I was kidding but true if there is no boat it won't be for lack of efforts. Expect Pat will come if there is a boat.
Howard
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dkircher »

Greetings NW Albin Owners,

As we near the holiday season, the Seattle Boat Show isn't far behind.

For the last couple of years we have gathered together on a Friday night for a dinner to catch up with our Albin friends, compare boating adventures and plan the next rendezvous. As you know, John Reynolds has been "elected" our coordinator. However, Howard and I continue to be there to help John. One of the purposes of this year's boat show dinner will be to identify how we can ease the burden on our reluctant "volunteer" and good sport, John Reynolds.

I previously suggested that we meet the first Friday of the show. Some issues have arisen and meeting the second Friday would work better for some of the key players. So please let us know if you can attend on the second Friday, January 30th.
Best wishes,
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Hi Dave: Thanks for the positing. Works well for me.
whwells 'Howard"
coolchange
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portland Oregon

Re: 2015 Rendezvous Travel planning

Post by coolchange »

http://nwcruising.net/nm_folders/kingston.html click on right side of table for a map to show route and marina.

This might be handy for planning this summer.

We are launching from Olympia (Swantown) and wandering on up...57 miles and after the gathering we will go to Seattle (Bell Harbor), 14 miles, for a few days of big city livin. :D
1989 Albin 27 FC w/ Isuzu 157 hp, Ford 6.0 Diesel, giant trailer
6th, and most favorite boat yet
Cruising: Columbia River Portland to Bar, San Juans, Gulf Islands,
Desolation Sound, Sunshine Coast, Broughton Islands
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by joreyn »

This morning, before sunup, I procured 15 slips in the Kingston Marina for our rendezvous. They are as follows: 5 @ 40 feet - which will accommodate any 36ETs or 35TEs, as well as Howard's new Sabre; and 10 @ 30 feet which will hold any boats 32 feet or less. The dates are: arriving Friday 7/17 and departing 7/19. I have paid a deposit to hold these slips, but you will need to contact the Port of Kingston (360) 297-3545 to confirm your reservation, including paying one nights moorage. The block of slips is reserved under the name PNW Albin Owners. Please notify me once you have done that, as I am going to need to provide the Port with slip assignments

If you would like to arrive a day or two early (or depart late), that should not be a problem, but be sure to identify yourself as part of the group so that you have the best chance of going into (or remaining in) the slip that is reserved for you.

The slips have 30 amp power (I believe there is 50 amp in some of the larger slips). There are nice washroom/shower/laundry facilities on shore. Fuel is available and is pretty reasonable. Pump-out is done from your slip. Picnic/barbecue facilities in the one-acre manicured park just ashore, as well as a picnic shelter on the dock. The marina staff is really attentive, so if you need anything, just ask.

The Edmonds-Kingston ferry dock is immediately adjacent to the marina, so if you want to take an excursion over to Edmonds, just walk on the ferry. Lots of good restaurants and artsy shops over there. Groceries, hardware, a bakery, and a new Micro brewery are in town in Kingston, and you can borrow the Port's cute little electric car to get there - or it's a 1/2 mile walk. Bank of America and Columbia Bank have branches in the town.

There are a variety of restaurants in Kingston, and I'll put together a list for our January 23rd meeting at the Seattle Boat Show. I'll also have more about the facilities, and possible festivities (anyone like to dance to classic rock?).

Which brings me to my final note - per Dave K's earlier post, we are meeting at a restaurant that Dave is arranging. An earlier post on this thread suggested the 30th, but it was changed to the week before, the 23rd. Dave is plaaning to reserve the restaurant soon. Keep your eye on the board for more info.

That is all for now.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dkircher »

Thanks, John.

NW Albin owners, please let me know if you plan to join us on the 23rd of January near the boat show about 6 pm. The plan is to dine at Elysian Fields, 542 1st Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98104. It is directly west of the boat show. I'll make reservations once I have a sense of how many folks will join us.

I'll also post this on the pre-rendezvous planning area.

Best wishes,
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
coolchange
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portland Oregon

Post by coolchange »

Hey..thanks for getting the marina, and the set up.

Metanoia, (27FC) will be in slip #21 for the 17,18 and 19.

Now to make other plans...Happy New Year.
1989 Albin 27 FC w/ Isuzu 157 hp, Ford 6.0 Diesel, giant trailer
6th, and most favorite boat yet
Cruising: Columbia River Portland to Bar, San Juans, Gulf Islands,
Desolation Sound, Sunshine Coast, Broughton Islands
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

John: Thanks for the early bird work for the slips. Wondering how far the marina will allow for hang over? The Saber is a 42 but with the swim platform, dingy and bow pulpit it takes a 50' slip at Anacortes where they won't allow more than a 2' hangover. Your planning looks perfect.
Hope to fit in a slip with our fellow Albin's.
Enjoy the boat show. Still planning to come up the second week with Dave K.
Howard

Return to “Fifth Annual PNW Rendezvous - 2015”