• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2015 Rendezvous

Coordinator: John Reynolds (joreyn)
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: 2015 Rendezvous

Post by whwells »

Mike: Flattery is moored at Anacortes Marina. You are indeed welcome to join us on the trip down to Kingston.
I do not run fast as my fuel consumption gets out of hand quickly. So we can all enjoy a slow cruise down.
Will send you a personal message on how to contact me by cell. We have two other Albin members with boats in Anacortes that we hope will attend. We have had at least one 25' Classic at the previous meets and this past year one from BC and another from Arizona.
whwells "Howard"
Gmschuler
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Edmonds

Post by Gmschuler »

Last years Roche Harbor trip video

http://youtu.be/sWrWN9M3ZFM
Greg & Stephanie Schuler
2002 31 TE
Blue Heron
Port of Edmonds
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Post by joreyn »

As I mentioned earlier, many rendezvousers might want to explore South from Kingston. However, if any are heading North after the Rendezvous, let me know via PM. Blue Moon will be heading back up to Desolation Sound and the Broughtons, departing the 19th or 20th. Last summer it was really fun to connect up with Dave and Denise Kircher (Amazing Adventure) and Tim Shea (Metanoia). So maybe share plans and see what's possible.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by joreyn »

The Kingston Cove Yacht Club had its opening day yesterday. Glorious day! Temps in the high 70s and very calm water. We cruised from Kingston down to Port Madison. Made a tour of the harbor in single file (who are these guys) and cruised back for a Mexican Fiesta in the club house. The Farmer's Market was in full swing, musicians in the gazebo, breakfast specialties from some of the booths. Couldn't help thinking the Albin Rendezvous is going to be really fun.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
Mike Almvig
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Anacortes, WA

Post by Mike Almvig »

I got my slip! I will be Slip 30 and look forward to meeting all of you for the first time! I got the last 30' slip! I guess I should not be too surprised as there are not all that many Albin's around.

My itinerary thus far is to go to Langley the night before the rendezvous, join everyone in Kingston on Friday and leave Sunday heading North...

My Northern trip is still a little fuzzy, however I would be happy to travel with anyone heading in that direction that happens to be going in my direction.

I am very exited to meet all of you.

Mike
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bremerton Yacht Club, Bremerton, WA USA

Post by dkircher »

Mike,

I am glad you'll be joining us. Thanks to John Reynolds rendezvous planning, this promises to be the best NW Rendezvous ever! See you in July.
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
coolchange
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portland Oregon

Post by coolchange »

Hi all....Tim and Jan will bring veggie dish or salad (depends on the markets as we leave Olympia a few days ahead of meet-up)

We also will bring some nice home baked gluten free bread...for soaking up the cioppino sauce...yum!

Looking forward to the trip and the gathering.
1989 Albin 27 FC w/ Isuzu 157 hp, Ford 6.0 Diesel, giant trailer
6th, and most favorite boat yet
Cruising: Columbia River Portland to Bar, San Juans, Gulf Islands,
Desolation Sound, Sunshine Coast, Broughton Islands
Donya
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bellingham

Post by Donya »

I would like to be there but I am leaving for our annual trip to the Queen Charolots on the 18th for a month. :shock:
Don and Taunya
2003 28TE -Dog On It-
Commodore Bellingham Wheel and Keel
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by joreyn »

Here is the agenda, and additional information about the facilities and things to do. I will have a hard copy for you when you arrive, along with a brochure from the visitor's bureau. I will also have maps for those interested in fishing and/or crabbing.
Rendezvous Agenda Things to do in Kingston.docx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bremerton Yacht Club, Bremerton, WA USA

Post by dkircher »

John,

Fantastic agenda. Many thanks to you and Carol for organizing the best rendezvous ever in the PNW
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

JOHN: You and Carol are setting a standard that wiil bw the "high water mark". Well, it is impressive. Thank you both for all the hard work.
Howard & Pat
whwells
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Very Bad News for Pat & I. We have looked forward to this Rendezvous for months. Everything is all set all the up and back.
Sadly, we have a serious fire here on the property two days ago. Our visiting son parked his BMW in the garage and shortly afterwards it caught fire. The garage a huge 40'X40' for our former motorhome and fishing boat was saved but is a mess - all black inside.
Jason's car is a total and Pat's Land-cruiser and my Dodge Truck or black and out for cleaning and who knows what else. Dealing with 3 adjusters trying to get things moving and cleaned.
We really can't leave now although missing this boat group meet really hurts. John & Carol have done so much to make it perfect - well
it is hard to miss. Enjoy and we will see you all next year and some of you sooner.
whwells "Howard"
arcticspud
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gig Harbor, WA

Post by arcticspud »

Looks like we won't make it until Saturday morning now.
36 ET
Twin 6BTA 270
Hull #1
Happy Place
Gig Harbor, WA
MadMoney
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seattle Washington

Post by MadMoney »

John - Kudos for ordering up the GREAT forecast! Don't forget your sunscreen...

I'll be arriving sometime late Friday evening, looking forward to meeting everyone!

Anthony
1999 28' Albin MadMoney
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Stuck in Calif. You all may have the best weather ever. National says 80-90 in Seattle. Enjoy all. The damn fire is taking away my fun.
Still have not got anything done here. Leaving for the NW Mon. If any of you are doing the So. Gulf Islands let me know.
whwells "Howard"

Return to “Fifth Annual PNW Rendezvous - 2015”