• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member - Hudson River

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
nick.puccio

New Member - Hudson River

Post by nick.puccio »

Hello to all...

My name is Nick...am on the Race Committee in my club...we use an Albin 27 for Race Committee.

She is a fine boat, worthy of mention and participation in a forum such as this.

I have looked through some posts and am anxious to participate and learn more about the Albin.

Thank you,

Nick
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Hi Nick. Welcome to the group. Tell us more about your club. Always interested to learn more.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
nick.puccio

Post by nick.puccio »

Thanks, John...

My club is extremely involved in sail racing and education. The members are very serious about the racing program. We have many participating fleets...Laser, Lightning, Sonar, Thistle, Open, and Cruising. We also participate in the Hudson River Yacht Racing Association, a series of 5 weekend regattas, with spinnaker and non-spinnaker divisions and, of course, our Wednesday nite program. We host many Regional events and our members travel, and have won, many other Regional and National events.
Our education program includes a Junior Sailing program as well as other sail, performance and general education classes.

My current project is to develop SOP's for the Committee Boat (operation rather than Race Officer) and am interested in information about the Albin to include in my presentation.

Any guidance is appreciated...

Regards, Nick
tlawnsby
Swabby
Swabby

New Member and new A25 owner

Post by tlawnsby »

Sold my 25 year old sailboat 2 years ago. Missed cruising, but ready for iron sails. Just purchased a A25 I will keep trailered in Austin, Tx area. Plan on cruising coasts starting in the gulf later this summer. Great forums here.

regards,
Tom
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Tom,
Welcome to the group and to "iron sails".
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “New Member Introductions”