• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

NY Fluke Season Opens

Moderator: RobS

RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

NY Fluke Season Opens

Post by RobS »

Thursday is opening day for us NY'ers for Fluke, 4 fish per angler over 20.5" Really looking forward to the first day out fishing on Toy-Rific. I'll be outside of Moriches in 40 - 70 ft, probably as far east as Westhampton. Anyone else going out Thursday? Forecast looks good - the current small craft warnings end Wed afternoon and Thurs is South 5-10 kts, seas 2-4 ft. Four of these would be fine :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

That's definitely a nice fluke there - last season? I won't be out Thursday, but I hope to get some weakies, fluke, and bass when I'm up there btw. May 20 and June 1.

That size limit pretty much restricts everyone to outside....kind of a bummer.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

Elizabeth Ann wrote:That's definitely a nice fluke there - last season?
Yes, middle of last summer. The size limit will make for quite a bit of "throw-backs" fishing inside. Hopefully, Thursday's 2-4 forecast is more 2's than 4's. With the light wind should be more swells than anything...
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

Opening day (5/15) was good conditions but no action. Fluking has still been generally off with some spotty spurts of decent fish. Although the bite has been better in the bay, we went out yesterday and made a B-Line to the ocean to escape the heat and the boat traffic - we leave bay fishing for weekdays or rainy weekends. The ocean was perfect, a nice west wind of 10-15 off the 58 deg water to keep things cool - it could not have been more comfortable. With the forecasted west wind and $5.00 plus per gallon I decided to run 5 miles west of the inlet and drift home - especially since there was no "hot spot" to target. Within 2-3 minutes of setting up my father-in-law pulls in this one at 26" 7lb 2oz.

Luckily, he caught it so quick we didn't have a chance to set the pool for first or biggest fish :D . We "MOB'd" the spot and drifted it a few more times with no luck. After a few tries over that spot we took the drift 4.5 miles east back to the inlet with only a few shorts (one was 20.25") and a few skates. It was still a great day to be out there - coming back inshore was like walking into a crowded sauna. Hopefully the warm weather will kick-off the fluke bite.
Last edited by RobS on Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

Nice Going Rob! It may be hotter up in the NE right now compared to Miami :shock:

Return to “Fishing”