• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Engine exhaust s/s plate

NJRobert
Gold Member
Gold Member

Engine exhaust s/s plate

Post by NJRobert »

I own a 2007 28TE. On the rear port side of the boat is the opening where engine water / exhaust exits, while under way. Can anyone tell me whether or not that plate is just screwed on as a cosmetic cover, or is it an actual insert?

I might need to replace it and don't know where I can find another one. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Robert
2007 Newport 28TE
jillsusan
Gold Member
Gold Member

EXHAUST

Post by jillsusan »

I HAVE A 2005 TE

WHY WOULD YOU EVER NEED TO REPLACE IT???

IS THERE A PROBLEM

HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR BOAT?

THANKS

STEVE
NJRobert
Gold Member
Gold Member

Exhaust cover

Post by NJRobert »

I am getting some significant rusting around two of the screws
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

It's probably the screws themselves. Just remove them, polish up the plate, and replace them with stainless screws. It's not uncommon for non-stainless fasteners to accidentally get mixed in with stainless ones at the foundry or factory. It happens. No one's being cheap or lazy, it's just a matter of the speed at which these operations go.

When I was a kid, our Catalina sailboat had one bolt that just rusted out like you wouldn't believe. It wasn't until I was older, and it had almost completely rusted away, that I realized what had probably happened. I replaced with a new stainless one, and polished everything up, and it looked new again, just like every other bolt on the boat.
NJRobert
Gold Member
Gold Member

Exhaust plate

Post by NJRobert »

Thanks for the advice. I'll do just that, when the boat comes out.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”