• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Last minute Tuna invite

Moderator: RobS

Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: Tuna

Post by Pitou »

[quote="Legacy"]Hi Kevin. Were you out on Stellwagen on Saturday? Thought I saw you and radioed a few times but no luck.
Rick[/quote

I was ... until 4PM ... long day w/no love. You must have called when my buddy was at the helm. He had a bad habit of turning the radio so far down it might as well have been off. I thought I saw a 35TE w/tower in the distance.

We didn't hit the bank until 7 as we got beat up after rounding Rockport, taking wash over the roof for the next 15 miles. A tough ride. We had 2 boats ahead of us turn tail and head for home. Stayed on the North side all day .... should have headed south. Ducked into Manchester and headed out for 1st light Sunday .... down to the BE. We were O'fer again @%%#@.

I hadn't seen my buddy for 20 years as he just finished a 25 year hitch in the Navy. We used to hunt and fish alot together and now he has a new addiction :lol: . Says he wants to come to town this year AT LEAST a couple of more times to hunt tuna. I feel like a crack dealer :shock: , hooked another one :twisted: .
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

Tuna wishin

Post by Legacy »

We're getting at least a bite every trip now. The tuna are deeper than they were a few weeks ago. Some guys still getting them trolling up top - - but that's south near P-town and peaked hill bar. We've been trolling deep divers and watching the screen. When we see the fish, we'll troll a single circle. If not hit, we stop the boat and drop butterfly jigs to the marked depth, they grab them on the fall. Fish are big this year 60-70 inches. Not a lot of fish, but enough to make me burn too much fuel! Best bet is to troll south on the eastern edge of the bank and place called the notch.

Thanks for the update Ric, I'm actually holding off going to Pt. Judith based on similar reports.

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

My Dad and his crew fish the canyon weekly in season. I know the last two weeks have really been slow producing a few yellow fin and longfin albacore but nothing great. Three weeks back they had loaded up on yellow fin plus a 175lb big eye. This weekend they dropped this 75lb swordfish at the boat out at the Dip.

Nothing is more blue than that canyon water.

Surprisingly sharking is better than it should be right now and is on my agenda for this weekend, weather permitting....
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “Fishing”