• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Cruise to Annapolis

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Cruise to Annapolis

Post by jcollins »

It had been several years since we went there by boat. Given the perfect weather and bay conditions we decided to run to Annapolis and have lunch, walk around the city, and enjoy the day. Don't try it in the afternoon. We left the marina at 12:30. Got to city dock around 2:00. There was no place to dock. All slips were full. The anchorage was crowded too. I cruised into ego alley and it was not great. Water taxis, dinghys, sailboats, and general confusion. It was one of those "you had to be there to understand" things but in the future I realized you have to be there by 10:00 to get a slip. I can't imagine what it's like in the middle of the summer. Watching some of these guys jockey for postion taught me that I'm pretty good at handling my boat. A newbie or inexperienced captain has no business trying to get in/out of there.
We left city dock and cruised the Severn. What a beautiful river. We went to Round Bay and back. Then headed home. By the time we got to the marina it was time for dinner and the crew was threating mutiny if I didn't get them some food. We promptly jumped in the car and went to the Wild Duck restaurant. :D
I did see a couple of Hinckleys. Love those boats.

This is the John W. Brown. One of the last liberty ships from WWII. There were 2700+ built. Only 2 left.

The Chesapeake Bay Bridge. (some call it the connecting link)

Sailboats challenging a freighter. When will they learn?

Tailgater!

The tailgater. Sharon did not zoom on this picture. He was that close.

Midshipmen in sailing class

A few of the fleet at the Naval Academy

The Hinckley

The happy captain
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Its a shame the picture of the tailgater didnt include its numbers. I would have been making a few phone calls.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Carl wrote:Its a shame the picture of the tailgater didnt include its numbers. I would have been making a few phone calls.
The boat was documented. Didn't get the name. Idiots.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Idiot is putting it nicely.

What an original name on that Hinckley....
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Was out fishing Sat and saw the Wilhelmsen go by us down by Poplar island. He was moving on when he went by us leaving a nice wake. Also saw a yellow hulled Albin 28 by the name of Wild Turkey out of Tilghman. That boat looked nice with the Yellow. Might have to consider that when the time comes to paint, even though I hope thats years away.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"

Return to “Cruising”