• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fishing Hell's Gate Tomorrow

Moderator: RobS

zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fishing Hell's Gate Tomorrow

Post by zinbaad »

Hopefully this will be the First Fish Blessing of "Mahalo" tomorrow. A bit cold & windy but the buildings & sky scrapers of Manhatten will surely block the wind & the 31's closed cabin will keep us warm . Taking out a few club guys and hoping to catch a few nice fat stripers as they come in the Sound through the East River & up the mighty Hudson River as they have for centuries. First drop at the end of Laguadia Airport runway (been reports) then Hell's Gate and perhaps across from the United Nations Building at the bottom of Roosevelt Island. 2 more weeks and then time to pull her out. Leaveing at 730 am if any one wants to join us.
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Fishing Hell's Gate Tomorrow

Post by RobS »

Don't forget the camera - we like pictures. 7:30, brrrr, a little early for this time of year....
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

... a little early for any time of year.. I don't get up that early to go to work.. yes,& :shock: don't forget the camera again.
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Well, how'd it go? I was out yesterday - It was absolutely miserable out there. The best part of the day was coming home to my wood stove and homemade shepard's pie.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

RobS wrote:Well, how'd it go? I was out yesterday - It was absolutely miserable out there. The best part of the day was coming home to my wood stove and homemade shepard's pie.
Maybe he's still out there waiting for the first fish?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

Brrrr, got down to the boat at 730am with hail and some rain hitting the deck, popped on the electric heater for 1/2 hour before 2 diehard friend arrived. Stopped at the bait store night before, no bunker, no eels just frozen clams. Ok give me the clams and I grabbed a few frozen bunker & mackeral from my freezer, cant let that stop me. Warm up the diesels and off to the end of Laguadia Runway. Seemed like 10+ on the wind & rain * more hail. Toasty warm in the 31's cabin, Dunky Donuts coffee & company so who cares. Bait up a few times, no bites so we head to Brothers Island, nothing marking on the finder so off to Hell's Gate. Anchor up in 20 feet off the ledge, real calm light mild current. Rain stopped. Looks like the perfect spot, chop & chum some mac's & bunker, few marks on the finder. Actually the water is beautifully calm, Tri boro bridge above and scenic NY skyline off the bow. ( hard to believe if u have even navigated Hells Gate) Oh well, baited up a few times til 12, no takers. We call it a day & head home for a nice turkey dinner. Great way to start off the day anyway. Be back out on the weekend, one more time.
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

zinbaad wrote:... don't forget the camera again.
Pictures?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “Fishing”