• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 27 sport with Nissan engine - oil pressure at idle?

Albin's "power cruisers"
DonGuy
Mate
Mate
Home Port: McGraths Cove

Albin 27 sport with Nissan engine - oil pressure at idle?

Post by DonGuy »

I'm looking at an 86 sport with the Nissan LD28. Ran it up - once warmed up the oil pressure at idle was just 15psi. Is this the normal low end oil pressure for the LD28M? Thanks
pmacken
Mate
Mate

Oil Pressure For the Nissan LD28

Post by pmacken »

According to the maintenance/service manual for the LD28M, oil pressure at idle when warm can be as low as 7psi in the normal range.
1986 AC27 Nissan
Jeff Lavallee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Albin 27 sport with Nissan engine - oil pressure at idle?

Post by Jeff Lavallee »

PMacken,
I assume you have the Nissan 78 HP engine on your boat? I just bought one back in November and am trying to get a feel for thier reliability. Have you had any problems? Any advice? I have not had a chnce to do anything other than a Sea Trial at this point
Thanks

Jeff
pmacken
Mate
Mate

Re: Albin 27 sport with Nissan engine - oil pressure at idle?

Post by pmacken »

My Nissan LD28M is a noisy little beast, but performs well. Especially at the 2800 to 3100 rpm level. no smoke, just steam from the exhaust so I know it is burning fuel well. Plus at lower rpms, the temp gauge runs 120-140 degree level which is not efficient either.
Others may have different rpm levels for performance as I have a 19"X18 pitch prop. The boat specs out at a 18"X16 pitch as ideal, but I use the larger prop to tweak the speed a tad to get me over 9 kts.

As for my oil pressure. When it is hot, the gauge goes up just under 10psi. Running is up there.
1986 AC27 Nissan

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”