• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

our new (to us) A25

Albin's "power cruisers"
Brian
Gold Member
Gold Member

our new (to us) A25

Post by Brian »

Well we've done it...taken delivery of our very own A25!!!
flew to Sidney, BC and casted off with previous owner (great 'ol guy).
We made Maple Bay the first night after a lot of chop and driving spray through Sattelite Channel and Sansum Narrows. (great put there at Maple Bay Marina!)
Next morning departed at 0600 and stopped in at Ladysmith for a visit then carried on north through Dodd Narrows at low slack to arrive in Nanaimo for dropping off previous owner and picking up my father for the crossing of Georgia Straight. Had dinner and watched the hockey game (Canucks vs. Chicago) at the Dingy Dock floating pub on Protection Island and actually stayed at their docks overnight so we could see how the straight looked at first light.
At 0600 it looked OK so we made a run for it (at 6.5knts its more of a walk!). Pretty sloppy out of Nanaimo but gradually flattened out and by Halfmoon Bay it was like a mill pond.
Sure glad we crossed then as the next morning there was a gale warning.
The "Tainui II" has beed fitted with two bilge keels and a fiberglass hard top. She's got a 30hp Volvo Penta with a Volvo gearbox and runs great.
We're looking forward to many years of enjoyment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
leprof31
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: our new (to us) A25

Post by leprof31 »

Congratulation, you're A25 look great! ...and you should have many years of enjoyment ahead.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”