• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

motor mount blocks on stringers

Albin's "power cruisers"
Jeff Lavallee
Gold Member
Gold Member

motor mount blocks on stringers

Post by Jeff Lavallee »

I have 4 hard wood blocks between my motor mounts and the fiberglass stringers. The motor mounts are attached to the wood. I believe the wood is epoxied to the stringer. Is this normal? My motor mounts do not appear to be able to adjust properly because the block does not leave enough room and the mounts are kind of bottomed out. I have the Nissan 6cyl LD 28 in my 1985 aft cabin 27 FC. Any info would be great including the motor mounts you use if you have the sme set up as me

Thanks
Clay Helm
Deckhand
Deckhand

Re: motor mount blocks on stringers

Post by Clay Helm »

My 1987 Nissan has 4" x 4" x 1/2" Aluminum angle plates bolted through the stringer with the horz. leg down. The isolation motor mounts and bolted to the angle plates. This drops the motor mount 4" below the top of the stringer. I don't know if this was factory or modified by a previous owner. It works very well.

Clay Helm
Puppy Dog
Albin 27 FC
Albermarle Sound, NC
Jeff Lavallee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: motor mount blocks on stringers

Post by Jeff Lavallee »

the blocks were not fastened to the glass- they were being used as spacers. I did find that I have 4 metal plates glassed in at the mounting points with threaded holes in them. The wood seems to be as new so it looks like I wont have to replace them

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”