• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Manual to Electric Head Conversion/27ac

Albin's "power cruisers"
Don from Mystic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Manual to Electric Head Conversion/27ac

Post by Don from Mystic »

Finally decided to replace the manual head with an electric one.The one that came in the boat was pretty shot and stinky (odor will permiate most plastic over time - Initially tried painting it with white "made for plastic" spray paint which helped a bit to seal it). I purchased a TMC kit which allowed me to keep my bowl and seat, saving it's cost and shipping. The kit ran around $150 - good quality and a bargain, and even includes the switch/fuse/box (upper rt corner) and some needless (in my case) fittings and adapters. A little creative plumbing was needed using 3/4 copper (see pix). I will be sealing the hole in the bulkhead where the 1 1/2" (now 1") hose goes through with expanding foam. What you see took about 2 hrs to do. Notice the step bit in my pistol drill - it makes pretty chip free holes through the glass if used carefully - a handy tool.

I thought I might post some pix of what I accomplished so far...

Don
"Steadfast"
'83 27 a/c
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Fortunate
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Robinhood Marina, Georgetown, ME

Re: Manual to Electric Head Conversion/27ac

Post by Fortunate »

Nice, let me know how it works out. I have been thinking of doing the same conversion in my AC27
Kim Suhr
"Fortunate"
27 Family Cruiser
Robinhood Cove, Georgetown, ME
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Manual to Electric Head Conversion/27ac

Post by DougSea »

Hey Don,

Glad I stopped over in the A27 forum! This is another project for my list on my 28TE. Thanks for posting the pictures and the information.

Doug
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”