• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Blue Angels

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Blue Angels

Post by loubennett »

This was our second annual trip on Quest to watch the Blue Angels perform for the Naval Academy graduation. The river was blanketed with boats outside the restricted area but we were able to anchor directly in line with the primary flight path. Low flying FA-18's directly overhead is an awesome sight. The menu included spiced shrimp, liver pate, gourmet cheeses, chips, dips, brownies and the beverage of your choice. The food was good, the show was great, and the company was better. After the show we took a short cruise up the Severn and toured Annapolis harbor. Even did the Ego Alley run. A good time was had by all.

If you're local and you've never seen them by boat the Blue Angels should be on your bucket list.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Blue Angels

Post by jcollins »

Lou,
Never seen them via boat. Everyone says a great show. The menu sounds good too.
Did you see Mike and Beth (Timeout-Annapolis) out there?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loubennett »

John
I didn't see Mike and Beth. There were so many boats it would be hard to find anyone. I wish we had - we could have used some help eating all the food. Next year we have to put a weight limit on what everyone brings.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mike »

We were there for the practice and the show. Got outta work those days. What a great show they put on and you couldn't have asked for nicer weather. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Solomons this year. We had run up to Fairlee Creek and met a couple with a 35' - "Sanatee". Ran into them at La Scalas in Little Italy in Baltimore a couple days later and we gave them the particulars for July, they said hey will try to stop by. On a side note - Time Out is running great this year. Happy Boating!
Time Out Annapolis

Return to “Cruising”