• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hey Carl, Butch, John

Moderator: RobS

jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Hey Carl, Butch, John

Post by jcollins »

Was this you?
While running the first tests on MLEIN this fall, police technicians were able to watch a recreational fisherman haul an undersized striped bass onto the Matapeake fishing pier just south of the Bay Bridge and stuff it in a sack, Johnson said. An officer sent to the pier confronted the shocked angler, who surrendered the fish without argument
Full article here:

http://www.workboat.com/newsdetail.aspx?id=4295000426

I have to tell Sharon no more skinny dipping in the Bay.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Re: Hey Carl, Butch, John

Post by furball »

Yeah, I saw this.
I like to see the fishery protected but I hate the thought of "The Government" being able to watch anyone, anytime. anywhere on the Bay :shock: . Seems to me you could simply make the fines so prohibitive, no one would dare violate it, say 5K or so per fish. Would be like having the police video tape every road, intersection, street corner and sidewalk. Watching everything to be sure you don't break some law. Kind of creepy if you ask me. Very Big Brother.
What I would like to see, for example, if you knew that when you transmit a Mayday, they will use it, fine but just to do video surveillance, I think that crosses a line. Just my 2 cents.
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

I agree with John. Just enforce the laws on the books to the fullest extent, and a lot of the issues will go away.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

I'm with you guys. The money they waste is incredible.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

It's all in the name of Homeland Security :roll: In August, for close to 600K - 16 cameras installed with federal H.S. money in Gloucester Harbor and Annisquam River to monitor bridges, public boat ramp at high school, beach concession stand, harbor and lighthouses. So far all snickers bars are safe at the concession stand and 1 teenage couple bagged making out at boat ramp parking lot. All in the name of Homeland Security. I get the idea, but how these things get used off the intended path is just wrong! :evil: Big brother is getting a little too close.

Watch your wake! :shock:
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “Fishing”